Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need bulk 7.62x39 non-corrosive

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    Also looking for reasonably priced NC.

@NSS - $1 per round is still expensive for FMJ 7.62x39 in bulk. I realize yours is “worth that” based on MSRP but that stuff sells for more than brass cased 5.56.
    223/556 is a 22 round. 7.62x39 is a 30 caliber round.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    223/556 is a 22 round. 7.62x39 is a 30 caliber round.
    Diameter and size of mold has little to do with ammunition costing more or less than a different caliber…7.62x39 FMJ bulk is generally cheaper than 5.56 FMJ bulk.

30-06 is generally cheaper than 25-06, even though 25-06 is smaller…

Diameter and size of mold has little to do with ammunition costing more or less than a different caliber…7.62x39 FMJ bulk is generally cheaper than 5.56 FMJ bulk.

30-06 is generally cheaper than 25-06, even though 25-06 is smaller…
    I have to disagree just a little. .30 cal being larger and weighing more material costs would be more per round to manufacture regardless of steel core etc.

regardless I miss ammo prices from 15 years ago when I first started getting into the love of blasters

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterrblasterr View Post
    I have to disagree just a little. .30 cal being larger and weighing more material costs would be more per round to manufacture regardless of steel core etc.

regardless I miss ammo prices from 15 years ago when I first started getting into the love of blasters
    Economy of scale plays a much bigger role than material costs.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Red Box Norc goes on sale at Cabelas regularly. Last time i paid about 50c/round.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    Red Box Norc goes on sale at Cabelas regularly. Last time i paid about 50c/round.
    IIRC there was some discussion on the board that it wasn't non-corrosive???
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Seems to be mixed results based on batch. Some people have issues and some don’t.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Seems to be mixed results based on batch. Some people have issues and some don’t.
    Ack! That doesn't inspire confidence...
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

I miss Barnaul. I have some guns that I shot barny out of then put away a year ago that are mint still...
    “When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will be free.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    From another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    My experience...

311 / 19 red box is GOOD (shot over 3000+ rounds)
    311 / 20 red box is GOOD (shot over 3600+ rounds)
    311 / 14 white box is GOOD (shot about 1200-1400 rounds)

Avoid 311 / 18 if you find it. I have seen it in red box and white box. I have encountered corrosive mixed rounds with it. Not many, but enough for me to not trust that that batch is reliable, and I won't buy any boxes with rounds bearing those headstamps. These 311 / 18 batches is what is causing some of these very bad reviews online. The problem is the look of the box doesn't change over lot years - so you can't tell a red box 18 or 19 or 20 by just looking at the box - there are no lot numbers. You have to look at the headstamp.

From what I can gather, the recent stuff from Cabela's has all been 311 / 20, BUT several years ago they carried the 311 / 18. The problem is people who saw red/white box with "noncorrosive" got burned with mixed corrosive rounds and some swore off Norinco ever since - the see the same picture of the same box they bought and they will go ape-poo. It is understandable but I (and likely many others here) can attest, 311 19 and 311 20 red box is good to go. For me, this is based on shooting it through my SKSes, all of which are collector's grade. Still, I check the gas tube, piston rod, chamber, barrel, etc. every once in a while just out of habit.

Any other years / colour boxes (yellow, silver), I have no idea since I haven't shot them yet.
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...orinco+red+box

Jay, are you able to move this thread? Its currently in Budget Shooter Supply's subforum...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast