Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lockhart Tactical Raven 5.56 NATO in stock

Quote Originally Posted by P11 View Post
    Are these rifles reliable now?
    Mine was not cycling reliably with some 5.56. I changed to an H1 buffer and it runs like a top.

CGN Regular
    Anyone own one of these? How does it run? Took everything off my templar and am looking to replace it. This thing seems like the closest we can get to an ar-15.

2 left!!

Only the earlier serial #’s had issues with Gen 1 bolt carrier and then some having under sized gas ports on the barrel. Both of those issues have been corrected in the newer serial #’s which are around the 2400 mark now. My serial is in the 1800’s and it fired and cycled right outta the box. I still went back and did the initial gas setup as instructions suggested. Took maybe 20-30 rounds to setup the gas and it’s been going strong with zero FTF, FTE or any other issue and I’m 800+ rounds through mine. Used various brands of ammo like federal, Remington, PMC, Winchester and it eats them all. Accuracy on mine has been great and I’m just using a cheap Bushnell AR optics 1-8 lvpo. Gonna be upgrading the scope soon. Other than that I’m super happy with mine. Anyone considering one of these should jump on it. They’ll be more than glad they did. The only upgrade to do right away would be a brass deflector. Any other upgrade can be done over time to keep costs down.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    wayyyyyy toooo much bread
    Too much bread for a registered non restricted

Quote Originally Posted by JayCorbett View Post
    Anyone own one of these? How does it run? Took everything off my templar and am looking to replace it. This thing seems like the closest we can get to an ar-15.

I like mine, uses parts i already had in abundance, has a great recoil impulse. Definitely more of a match rifle than a military gun, doesn’t like to be dirty, needs lube to run well in 5.56, the 9 seems more tolerant. The 9mm bcg is abit janky, two piece construction with significant play between the two halves but it works fine. 5.56 internals are just what you’d expect, though it’s be nice if the bcg wasn’t lightened so much imho. Adjustable gas system is fantastic and doesn’t lockup even when caked in carbon, even the stock mil spec trigger is decent. calibre changes are possible, but it’s really worth purchasing a second lower if you want more than one class of cartridge, i got tired of 5.56-9mm changes really quick. Lockharts bolt on deflector bump and cover plates are exorbitantly expensive, the delta dynamics 3d printed ones are excellent for a fraction the cost.

recommended if you’re looking for a rifle that feels like an old friend from pre may 2020, I’ll definitely be buying 308/6.5 and 10mm kits when they become available.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I like mine, uses parts i already had in abundance, has a great recoil impulse. Definitely more of a match rifle than a military gun, doesn’t like to be dirty, needs lube to run well in 5.56, the 9 seems more tolerant. The 9mm bcg is abit janky, two piece construction with significant play between the two halves but it works fine. 5.56 internals are just what you’d expect, though it’s be nice if the bcg wasn’t lightened so much imho. Adjustable gas system is fantastic and doesn’t lockup even when caked in carbon, even the stock mil spec trigger is decent. calibre changes are possible, but it’s really worth purchasing a second lower if you want more than one class of cartridge, i got tired of 5.56-9mm changes really quick. Lockharts bolt on deflector bump and cover plates are exorbitantly expensive, the delta dynamics 3d printed ones are excellent for a fraction the cost.

recommended if you’re looking for a rifle that feels like an old friend from pre may 2020, I’ll definitely be buying 308/6.5 and 10mm kits when they become available.
    Just had a look at these and ordered a set. Thanks.
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

Already sold out ?

Quote Originally Posted by pirate604 View Post
    Just had a look at these and ordered a set. Thanks.
    Me too - thanks for sharing!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Lockharts bolt on deflector bump and cover plates are exorbitantly expensive, the delta dynamics 3d printed ones are excellent for a fraction the cost.
    Not just those, but the mag wells and probably half of the parts they are making are over the top expensive.
    He is just opening himself up to people making third party kit, and he only has himself to blame, imho.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast