Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cool ? Maybe. Sacrilege ? Maybe. You Decide...I call it a Vz.81M LOL

Cool ? Maybe. Sacrilege ? Maybe. You Decide...I call it a Vz.81M LOL

Lol, so I got myself a Type 81M to play with since I have tons of 7.62x39 in the safe and nothing to shoot it from since the Lib-Coms took my Vz.58. So far it is pretty much exactly what I thought it would be, some things are great ,some are just what they are. One thing I didn't like though was the heave LMG barrel on it so that needed trimming to size diameter wise. While I was knocking off the front sight I had a flash of (Brilliance ?), maybe ?

I had a NOS front sight block from a Vz.58 and measured it against the 81M's front sight and....EXACTLY the same height !! WooHoo !!

So tell me what y'all think, good idea, bad idea, a bit of sacrilege to mix and match Czech goodness with Chinesium ? I kind of like it and as an added bonus not only can I now use my -58 bayonet for sticking various things I also have one of the cool (Galil I think ?) bi-pods for it that Wolverine Supplies used to sell ( : I suppose it will look better once I reblue it and put the AK side folder on....

This thread is for poops and giggles so please, don't crush my dreams...

Name:  Vz.81M.jpg
Views: 3739
Size:  68.9 KB

BTW, MASSIVE props to TI for bringing these in. Once I get this bad boy into the bush I'll be a HAPPY CHAPPY !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

I'm all for innovation. Looks rad.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chimo099 View Post
    I'm all for innovation. Looks rad.
    Looks like Political Hybrid.. this is what happens when Libs make rules..

What do you think any of us would do with even half your ability and knowledge? It’s a rhetorical question (as you could probably imagine, with all the insane inquiries you receive).

Do your best or worst and share the results. At least let us live vicariously through your experiments.

Should i post the pic of my vz81 too? xD
    I hoped I'll find what I need, I'll be free like a bird
    Now we're pushed in a ghetto, Like the sheep in a herd
    All the promises I heard, Became empty words
    Completely disconnected, From the rest of the world
    ---Dubioza kolektiv "U.S.A."

I'm thinking of a screw in extended charging handle and different stock adapters since I'm making one for the AK side folder anyways.

Any suggestions on stuff to make ?
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    I'm thinking of a screw in extended charging handle and different stock adapters since I'm making one for the AK side folder anyways.

Everything Sigmaco used to make. Big void in aftermarket parts someone’s gotta fill. Maybe not handguards since TI has those but all the stock adapters and such.

Good call. We don't impede in other vendors markets if we can help it and I know TI has handguard coming. We have no interest in making those.

As far as the other stuff.... we'll get on that, don't see why not.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dorian Gray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

If you could make a version of the AR type safety selector, similar to what Sigmaco used to produce, you'd sell a loooooot of them. I have one on my 81 SA and it's night and day compared to any standard Type 81 safety. Something to think about anyway.

CGN Regular
    Looks good , make sure you post up some pics when its finished & back together.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast