Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

I loved it, have seen it twice now. Will buy it on dvd to join the rest of the series when it comes out.

Oh wow, look it totally flopped. What a surprise.

Go watch it and tell me it's woke garbage. I dare ya. If you've liked the series, you'll like this.

Last edited:
I'll see it when it comes out on UHD. Theatres don't work for me with my working hours.

As for wokeist fare, Miller's wife is a known militant feminist and she has rubbed off on him over the years. Miller was very careful with the bait-and-switch method of slow dripping DEI ideology into his movies like with Fury Road.
Fury Road started about Mad Max but then as the movie progresses turns to be mainly about Furiosa's story. "Girl Power".
I liked Fury Road a lot but could see the underlying theme emerging. Sure enough 9 years later we end up with an unnecessary "origin story" where we pretty much figured out the basic premise beforehand. Market it as a "Mad Max Story" and presto! Now we are cheering on a feminist POV movie with no strong male characters that you can get behind.

This is why Furiosa is bombing at the box office. Girl Boss movies always flop (with the unbelievable exception of Barbie).
Women don't see themselves as Furiosa and men, well, men can't even see Max so might as well blow some sh!t up to get them in the door.

Like I said before, I'll still watch it for the story and the action. But lets not forget the incessant woodpecker on the boulder. Hollywood only funds big budget flicks containing DEI standards set by the industry.

I'll see it when it comes out on UHD. Theatres don't work for me with my working hours.

As for wokeist fare, Miller's wife is a known militant feminist and she has rubbed off on him over the years. Miller was very careful with the bait-and-switch method of slow dripping DEI ideology into his movies like with Fury Road.
Fury Road started about Mad Max but then as the movie progresses turns to be mainly about Furiosa's story. "Girl Power".
I liked Fury Road a lot but could see the underlying theme emerging. Sure enough 9 years later we end up with an unnecessary "origin story" where we pretty much figured out the basic premise beforehand. Market it as a "Mad Max Story" and presto! Now we are cheering on a feminist POV movie with no strong male characters that you can get behind.

This is why Furiosa is bombing at the box office. Girl Boss movies always flop (with the unbelievable exception of Barbie).
Women don't see themselves as Furiosa and men, well, men can't even see Max so might as well blow some sh!t up to get them in the door.

Like I said before, I'll still watch it for the story and the action. But lets not forget the incessant woodpecker on the boulder. Hollywood only funds big budget flicks containing DEI standards set by the industry.

This simply isn’t true. Most any movie can make it big if it’s funded and marketed right, even if it is the most un-Hollywood thing out there. Sound of Freedom anyone?

Furiosa is nice in that it can have a female lead without being woke. Imagine that. No homosexuality, no gender confusion, no blue hair, no blatantly forced over-inclusion of visible minorities, no forced over-inclusion of out of place female characters, no clear political message, multiple strong and masculine male characters…you have to grasp at straws to say this thing is woke.

I hope to stand corrected when it comes out for home viewing.

Doesn't change the fact the perception of the movie being "Girl Boss" drags it down among potential viewers. I know if Tom Hardy was starring in a new Mad Max with a decent story the opening box office numbers would be huge.

The concept of "Girl Boss" in the middle of the dystopian, post-apocalyptic, and lawless world is absurd and anti-evolutionary.
People feel something is wrong here and the box office reflects on these feelings.
Another ridiculous example of this kind is Prey.

The concept of "Girl Boss" in the middle of the dystopian, post-apocalyptic, and lawless world is absurd and anti-evolutionary.
People feel something is wrong here and the box office reflects on these feelings.
Another ridiculous example of this kind is Prey.

Sure it’s extremely unlikely. Doesn’t make it woke or pushing some agenda beyond entertainment. Zombieland was a fun watch even if it co starred a female and was completely impossible in the real world. So what. It’s a movie based purely on fiction.

Furiosa isn't woke. It is just untrue. To avoid wokeness, they simply removed Max Rockatansky from the story:)
I have a feeling that was the last movie of the series. It is quite sad, cause I'm a big fan of the Mad Max universe.

Furiosa isn't woke. It is just untrue. To avoid wokeness, they simply removed Max Rockatansky from the story:)
I have a feeling that was the last movie of the series. It is quite sad, cause I'm a big fan of the Mad Max universe.

Have you watched Furiosa?

Yep. In 4DX. Great entertainment. Still have pain in the arse from the chair vibration. For the rest... They should have learned from Disney in advance...

Yep. In 4DX. Great entertainment. Still have pain in the arse from the chair vibration. For the rest... They should have learned from Disney in advance...

So you will have zero trouble then listing out all the lines, actions and political messages pulled directly from the movie to officially make it " woke " then.

I personally recall a funny scene that i expect will soon become a masculinity meme where the only lead female in the entire movie demands the male driver to stop and let her out. Much to her surprise he obeys...slams on the brakes, sends her flying into the dash and boots her out of the truck down onto the asphalt to die in the middle of nowhere. The only reason she survives is because the male decides to later take her in as an apprentice.

Definitely a girl power scene scripted by a feminist movement lol ya right.

This simply isn’t true. Most any movie can make it big if it’s funded and marketed right, even if it is the most un-Hollywood thing out there. Sound of Freedom anyone?

Furiosa is nice in that it can have a female lead without being woke. Imagine that. No homosexuality, no gender confusion, no blue hair, no blatantly forced over-inclusion of visible minorities, no forced over-inclusion of out of place female characters, no clear political message, multiple strong and masculine male characters…you have to grasp at straws to say this thing is woke.

It absolutely is true.

Yes...sound of freedom was a non-woke success, and Hollywood tried to bury that for 5 years. What does that tell you?

And girl power films aren't primarily about homosexuality or gender confusion. The primary goal is to emasculate men and elevate women as superior in every way. Just look at what they did with the Doctor Strange sequel. And more to the point....Chris Hemsworth has been in a number of recent girl boss movies and they all sucked

IMO, Karnage is dead on about Hollywood. I won't extend this to Furiosa just yet because I haven't seen it....sometimes the strong female lead actually turns out to be a good movie (eg, Wonder Woman). But to me, Chris Hemsworth being in this film is the biggest give away that it is probably a girl-boss film

Last edited:
It absolutely is true.

Yes...sound of freedom was a non-woke success, and Hollywood tried to bury that for 5 years. What does that tell you?

And girl power films aren't primarily about homosexuality or gender confusion. The primary goal is to emasculate men and elevate women as superior in every way. Just look at what they did with the Doctor Strange sequel. And more to the point....Chris Hemsworth has been in a number of recent girl boss movies and they all sucked

IMO, Karnage is dead on about Hollywood. I won't extend this to Furiosa just yet because I haven't seen it....sometimes the strong female lead actually turns out to be a good movie (eg, Wonder Woman). But to me, Chris Hemsworth being in this film is the biggest give away that it is probably a girl-boss film

It is a strong female lead film. No one is arguing against that. You can have a strong female lead without woke-ness. Her mentor who “teaches her everything” is a strong male role who literally kicks her to the curb in the film. If female lead = woke to you then that’s another can of worms lol.

I actually just saw this movie this afternoon, It is entertaining. Reading this thread, it is a 'Girl Boss' movie as some have pointed out, but I never felt the movie was woke when watching it.

Back
Top Bottom