Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

I know you guys are joking around, but this is an interesting question. They have guns, including some semi auto rifles owned by approved contractors for pest control, but way fewer guns per capita than US or Canada. In a post-apocalyptic scenario, it would be really time consuming to scavenge guns there because they're so spread out. Some people have what we'd consider healthy collections, but very few.

I think the original Mad Max movie got it right, showing how scarce the shotgun shells were. I think he had like two shells only at the start and was scrounging for more during the rest of the movie. I forget the details but I remember thinking "that sucks, he has hardly any ammo".

Hahaha oh it will Be.

Toss in the mandated LGBQT content halfway through once you are pot committed and what you have is typical (and obligated) 2024 Hollywood

Too funny, remember getting beaked at while watching the original Mad Max at introduction in a theater in New West.
Girlfriend lit up a smoke in the middle of the movie.
Great movie though. Girlfriend didn't last long.

Times they do change.

cPEmMCX.png

SFasrcI.png

We saw it last night... quite a ride! Cripes I don't think I moved for two hours. One of the 3 fortified enclaves in the Wasteland is called Bullet town. Yes, there's some fine shooting done by the lead character with her scoped SKS and sawed off 12 SxS.

Hope its not Feminosa.

The lead character is female. That’s about as far towards feminism as it goes. No weird obligatory homosexuality that is found in so many films nowadays either.

If you liked the first one, you’ll probably like this one a lot too!

These days as soon as I see that a new movie has a female lead, I write the movie off as garbage made for "modern audiences".

I wouldn’t write this one off. It’s not woke or pushing any modern progressive agenda as far as what I perceived. I would 100% rewatch. It’s also more brutal than the first film so would caution watching with wives who are sensitive to such things.

I thought it was excellent! Just as good as Fury Road. The only scenes that blatantly stood out as being CGI was some of the vehicle hill climbs. The main character has long hair, pretty eyes and says about 20 lines... BIG DEAL . By those standards people should say "Alien" and "Terminator" are woke. Its disheartening these days to see the blind criticism (people bashing it despite not even seeing it) and vacant theater seats for great ambitious action movies like this and yet see people enter the theater by the droves for things like Barbimhiemer! Just because Tiktok said to.

I thought it was excellent! Just as good as Fury Road. The only scenes that blatantly stood out as being CGI was some of the vehicle hill climbs. The main character has long hair, pretty eyes and says about 20 lines... BIG DEAL . By those standards people should say "Alien" and "Terminator" are woke. Its disheartening these days to see the blind criticism (people bashing it despite not even seeing it) and vacant theater seats for great ambitious action movies like this and yet see people enter the theater by the droves for things like Barbimhiemer! Just because Tiktok said to.

Yep. There were 4 people in the theater when I went. Including me. This is the worst turnout I’ve seen to a movie this good.

Back
Top Bottom