Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Interest in Drop-On 18.75 in. Bren 2 Barrels in .223 ?

Yes. Price and availability when? When you say AR 15 profile, do you mean some sort of Medium Profile, or Pencil M16?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

Quote Originally Posted by Blastattack View Post
    Yes. Price and availability when? When you say AR 15 profile, do you mean some sort of Medium Profile, or Pencil M16?
    Price and availability announced when we have them done. Correct, I was thinking an M4 sort of profile. I don't like pencil barrels and don't want it obscenely heavy either so a med profile would be a good compromise I think.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'd be interested if done on a factory 16" barrel/gas system.

Does anyone in Canada melonite/coat barrel bores?

Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    I'd be interested if done on a factory 16" barrel/gas system.

Does anyone in Canada melonite/coat barrel bores?
    We will be making the new batch of N/R barrels, both 7.62 + 5.56, with the long gas system. The 300 BO will be 8 inch / short gas only for obvious reasons.

'Melonite' is a brand name like Kraft Dinner or Kleenex, made popular by Glock. It refers to the nitrocarburizing process or 'Nitriding' in the common vernacular. There are a few place in Canada that do this but because it is a hot salt bath the entire barrel is done, not just the bore.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

'Melonite' is a brand name like Kraft Dinner or Kleenex, made popular by Glock. It refers to the nitrocarburizing process or 'Nitriding' in the common vernacular. There are a few place in Canada that do this but because it is a hot salt bath the entire barrel is done, not just the bore.
    Ahh, yes! That was the term I was looking for!
    Do you guys have plans to offer this (nitriding) on your conversions as an option?

Interested for dang sure

Would that work as a conversion for my 16” Bren carbine? I think it has a different barrel thickness than the short gas version?

Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    Ahh, yes! That was the term I was looking for!
    Do you guys have plans to offer this (nitriding) on your conversions as an option?
    It's quite possible but be warned it adds significantly to the price, about $80-$100 per barrel. The problem with this is not only the other shops price to do the work but once the barrel has been Nitride finished it is no longer workable because the surface hardness is now about 72-74 RC. This is the same as industrial hard chrome plating. You cannot drill it and a file will just skip across the surface without leaving a mark. So if you do this to a barrel it needs to be assembled, test fired and checked for headspace THEN stripped and all the components Nitride finished then re-assembled. It's painful at best even if the end result is a super awesome barrel capable of firing tens of thousands of rounds with minimal wear.

I mean, I will definitely do it to my rifle....
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

It's quite possible but be warned it adds significantly to the price, about $80-$100 per barrel. The problem with this is not only the other shops price to do the work but once the barrel has been Nitride finished it is no longer workable because the surface hardness is now about 72-74 RC. This is the same as industrial hard chrome plating. You cannot drill it and a file will just skip across the surface without leaving a mark. So if you do this to a barrel it needs to be assembled, test fired and checked for headspace THEN stripped and all the components Nitride finished then re-assembled. It's painful at best even if the end result is a super awesome barrel capable of firing tens of thousands of rounds with minimal wear.

I wouldn't mind an extra 100 for that much extra durability
    Quando omni flunkus morototi

Can you offer it as a $80-$100 upgrade option?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast