Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar

New Powder and Expolsive Targets Regulations

Name:  image001.jpg
Views: 1961
Size:  51.1 KB
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    https://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    New? It says 2013...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Lol. Thanks for posting this I guess, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    New? It says 2013...
    The regulations are probably from 2013, they're amending those regulations.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Lol. Thanks for posting this I guess, but...

The regulations are probably from 2013, they're amending those regulations.
    I get it now. The regulation is titled "Explosive Regulations, 2013". That is stupid...

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...211/index.html

So if I'm reading this correctly, there is 3 changes?

1) Sellers need to record PAL numbers for powder purchases.
    2) Amount of black powder you can possess has been reduced to 25kg from 75kg.
    3) Ammount of binary explosive you can possess has been reduced from 20kg to 6kg.

Do we know when these changes take effect? That date on that document is ###, and I can't seem to find that on my calendar...

edit - lol they censored x x x (no spaces)...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    Suther, you can probably comment. Sounds like a move to stop non PAL holders from loading non-PAL required muzzleloaders and antiques. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    Suther, you can probably comment. Sounds like a move to stop non PAL holders from loading non-PAL required muzzleloaders and antiques. Thoughts?
    Don't need a PAL for black powder I don't think? I'm not sure what category modern BP substitutes like Triple 7 fall under though, and while I don't own any front stuffers I've heard real BP is hard to come by lately so it could cause some people some headaches.

Honestly I can't imagine muzzleloader users are a big concern to the powers that be. But you don't need a PAL to buy primers, and reloading gear is not restricted in any way, so I COULD see the goal being to restrict criminals from making their own ammo, much like the new rules about needing a PAL for magazines is supposed to help combat 3d printing of guns.

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    Comes into effect May 22, 2024
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    https://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

Well there goes mixing up a 10lb’er for big boom fun

Quote Originally Posted by Irons78 View Post
    Well there goes mixing up a 10lb’er for big boom fun
    6kg is 13lb... What are they gonna do, charge you based on the evidence that you just blew up? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Centre View Post
    Comes into effect May 22, 2024
    Is there a better source? When I google "amendments to explosives regulations, 2013" I don't find the actual regulatory changes, just mentions of there being changes coming down the pipe, and I much prefer to read the actual regulations rather than a summary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast