Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE on Bren 2 Components, PLEASE READ THIS if you have ordered from us

UPDATE on Bren 2 Components, PLEASE READ THIS if you have ordered from us

Good afternoon guys,

OK, so I think we are at the stage that we can be offering to ship the gas blocks and trunnions for the Bren 2. However, we have run into an issue with the new clamp on gas blocks and that is - they don't work with the factory handguards. This is because of the bottom rail support and how close it all is to the sides and bottom of the guard. The HBI handguards are not an issue, they are much larger in diameter and the new blocks easily fit inside them.

So, for those of you that have an 11 inch original rifle and want the option to swap between the 18.75 inch N/R barrel and the 11 inch factory barrel we have made support brackets that replace the original bottom support and allows the use of the new gas block and along with the short factory handguard.

If you have chosen the 'Add Installation' option for the parts when ordering and have an HBI long handguard on the rifle we will offer to swap the factory gas block on the N/R barrel back to the short barrel so you do not need to purchase our bottom support rail. You would just need you to send us BOTH barrels for the work to be done.

Cost for the bottom rail we are just finalizing now but rest assured we will not be charging what we normally would for a fully custom part like this since this was something we should have caught earlier on even though, with as tight as the factory parts are near the gas block, there isn't really much we could have done different and still be able to offer these.

Fancy new bottom support rails, in the white, pre-anodizing :

Name:  Bren Support 3.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  125.6 KB

New support rails installed on an 11 inch factory gun with our new gas block and the factory handguard :

Name:  Bren Support 1.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  113.4 KB

Name:  Bren Support 2.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  97.9 KB

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you have ordered a gas block and trunnion from us and along with the installation option then you can send in your parts now. Inside the package we NEED :

-A brief note with your name, return mailing address, PHONE NUMBER and order number on it.
    -The factory barrel you want us to install the new parts on OR
    -Both the short factory barrel and the N/R barrel with CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS on which parts you want on which barrel. We do not have time to call everyone and go through it all on every single order. The clearer you can make it, the quicker you barrel(s) will most likely get done.

If you are stumped about needing the different bottom support rail and would like to cancel your order we understand and will happily oblige. With this goes our sincere apologies, sometimes poop happens and I'm surprised it only happened once on a project of this size done in as quickly as we managed to do it, lol.

If you have placed an order for parts and are happy with just what you ordered and want us to ship them to you, please shoot me off an email and they will ship on our next outbound day.

SIDE NOTE

We have other parts in the works and *hopefully* they will be ready for listing soon. There will most likely be more 18mm gas blocks, both short and long gas piston rods as well as piston heads and gas regulator blanks. The blanks allow us to tune each and every gun with whatever sized gas ports needed. Once I have more info on when each of these parts will be ready I will post here on CGN along with a link to them on our website for purchase.

As always, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING while we make our way through the project bit by bit.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Still looks very promising Leigh!!! Excellent #### man!!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

So this only applies to anyone wanting to use the factory handguard as I understand. If you have an 11 incher and chose 'Add installation' and have made the upgrade to the HBI long ago, then there is no need for this fancy additional new part, correct? Or another way to put it... If I have an NR gun now with any length HBI handguard, I do not need the additional part even if I swap back and forth willy nilly every day, so long as I only use the HBI handguard. Si? Sorry if it's really that simple, I just want to make sure I get it right before I send all the goodies. Thanks for this awesome work!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
    So this only applies to anyone wanting to use the factory handguard as I understand. If you have an 11 incher and chose 'Add installation' and have made the upgrade to the HBI long ago, then there is no need for this fancy additional new part, correct? Or another way to put it... If I have an NR gun now with any length HBI handguard, I do not need the additional part even if I swap back and forth willy nilly every day, so long as I only use the HBI handguard. Si? Sorry if it's really that simple, I just want to make sure I get it right before I send all the goodies. Thanks for this awesome work!
    You are correct. This additional bottom support is ONLY for people wanting to use the short factory handguard and factory bottom support rail. Our bottom rail will be less than $100 and I don't mean $99.99 either. We are making good on something we just couldn't navigate around in order to make the gas block stronger and meatier than the factory parts that are now starting to fail.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Regular
    How do we add bottom rails to our existing orders?
    Being a gun owner in this country comes with a life sentence of hard political labour

Excellent. Happy to see progress on this. Looking forward to the barrels and caliber conversion kits down the road.
    Support safe firearms ownership in Canada! Donate to legal challenges to the OIC and join the CCFR. Write or call your MP, Mendicino, or the PM. Take a Mapleseed course with a novice or take a friend to the range.

For sales on the EE, shipping to the majors included, payment by EMT, extra insurance at buyers discretion and expense. No trades unless mentioned in ad.

Looks awesome. I’ll have to pick up one of those bottom rails, a man needs options after all.

CGN Regular
    Dumb question ? Do we send in rifle with 11" barrel for gas block / trunnion installation. And can we wait for your piston rods, piston heads, Springs & gas regulator and other parts to be done before we send ?. and I have HBI Handguard so good there.
    Last edited by Patriot762x51; 05-23-2024 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot762x51 View Post
    Dumb question ? Do we send in rifle with 11" barrel for gas block / trunnion installation. And can we wait for your piston rods, piston heads, Springs & gas regulator and other parts to be done before we send ?. and I have HBI Handguard so good there.
    If you want the other parts we have on the go then you'll have to wait to send your stuff in. It just gets waaay too confusing when the safe fills up with stuff that is 'waiting' for something. Rather it just comes in, gets worked on then shipped out asap. Keeps the possible mess-ups to a minimum.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nismojunky View Post
    How do we add bottom rails to our existing orders?
    Just send me an email to info@dlaskarms.com and tell us you want the bottom support rail added to your gas block / trunnion order. Please give us your name and order number so we can make sure we have the right order.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast