Favourite Packable Non-restricted Firearms

DeanoBean

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Title pretty much sums it up.

Wondering what your favourite take down rifles/shotguns/combinations are.

I keep coming back to the 10/22 given the popularity of the platform but also really like the idea of a combination shotgun/rifle though haven't een great reviews for any.

Main use will be small game and plinking.

My favourite "packable" is the Henry Mare's Leg in 45 Colt. Just throw it in a bag and you're good to go.
I was also looking at the Ruger PCC backpacker -- might be a future purchase of mine

A 10/22TD with a Magpul Backpacker and Skinner Sights is a safe bet, if a rifled 22LR is what you want.

A Charles Daly 101 is a very inexpensive and minimalist solution, if a smoothbore shotgun is what you want.

The 10/22td with a Dlask 12.5" barrel is hard to beat, for a 12 gauge I would go with the winchester model 12 all day. Thinking about picking up an ar7 to play with and a browning blr for a nice takedown rifle to round out the collection

I have a shorty 10/22 with a fixed 8" barrel and it is quite a bit louder than the 12.5 fwiw

Goodluck picking just one!

Cheers,
Jake

Chiappa Little Badger is worth considering for this role too. It's more serious than it first looks and, once familiar with the manual ejection and reload, getting back on target is achievable in 4-5 seconds.
If I was to buy it again I'd buy 22WMR because ammo cost is not really a concern of a single shot, so better to have some sting. That said 22LR "birdshot" may have its uses despite being underpowered.
Spending some money on aftermarket furniture (to improve ergonomics) is worthwhile - there are a lot of aftermarket options.

A rifle in 2 pieces in a backpack is useless if you need it.
My little Ruger M77 MKII 243 has a comfortable sling and you barely notice it

Back
Top Bottom