Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Poor experience with Calgary shooting center

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Best advice on this entire thread!......
    I run several businesses and never scold my employees but they all have been with me for a long time and they know that they better ask me before they let a deal go away.

It is just normal business practice as you say. Just saying plain no is not the way things should go.

And if some people here are suggesting that this thread is "bad advertising is still advertising". Nope, not in my experience.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    And if some people here are suggesting that this thread is "bad advertising is still advertising". Nope, not in my experience.
    The people saying this are likely not business owners. You would choose different words I am sure.

The point they make is valid though. Anyone who reads this more than 1 inch deep can see that what the business did isn’t “so awful” and that this customer probably didn’t actually get mistreated. It is also a heap ton of exposure in which people are defending the business.

If someone approaches a situation in a mature manner they could negotiate something.

Whining about not getting it is entitled, which makes me think their original approach wasn't the nicest.

They could have literally emailed the moment they saw it and called about the message they sent yesterday. The internet is 24/7.

You could establish contact at any time, they're only open during business hours.

If 10% makes or breaks buying a new firearm perhaps you should not be buying one right now (just saying) I would have called them directly as others have pointed out perhaps they could have given you a break on something else (shipping?)

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    I run several businesses and never scold my employees but they all have been with me for a long time and they know that they better ask me before they let a deal go away.

It is just normal business practice as you say. Just saying plain no is not the way things should go.

I see it the same way, never say NO, without giving an alternative.

Every business has it's fanboys, not sure if they can keep that businees profitable, but hey are there and opinionated.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmp9 View Post
    often manufacturer rebates expire and there’s not much a retailer can do to honour it.
    It’s unfortunate and frustrating.
    this
    Another wave of propaganda, and a new strain of BULLSHHT!!!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink! -unknown

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    CSC has been stellar IME. Both online and in store.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    Guys. Getting yesterday’s sale price is not the business “bending over backwards”…it would be good service to have that request accommodated. OP isn’t wrong that his request was reasonable. In the same breath, an answer of “no” is also reasonable.

I don’t know for certain, but I would bet money that if a manager answered the phone, the answer would have been yes. But is it BAD service that the employee followed standard practice and it wasn’t accommodated? Not really. You just talked to a normal employee who told you the normal policy.

Big whoop. Wait for another sale.
    You're right, the OP and CSC were not being unreasonable in their interactions with each other. I probably would have asked if they'd give me the sale price the next day too; worst they can say is no. What WAS unreasonable was getting butt hurt about it and whining about it on a public forum. Hence all the sh!t the OP is getting. Nothing unreasonable going on here, lol.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    If 10% makes or breaks buying a new firearm perhaps you should not be buying one right now (just saying) I would have called them directly as others have pointed out perhaps they could have given you a break on something else (shipping?)
    I hear you, and agree.

However, i think that also goes the other way: would 10% really be make or break for the company? A 10% discount is pretty common for lots of things - veterans, first responders, customer retention - reasons like that are a common grounds for keying in a 10% discount in retail.

I bet if the manager at CSS had been asked, he probably would have just keyed in the 10% and been done with it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary View Post
    Guys. Getting yesterday’s sale price is not the business “bending over backwards”…it would be good service to have that request accommodated. OP isn’t wrong that his request was reasonable. In the same breath, an answer of “no” is also reasonable.

I don’t know for certain, but I would bet money that if a manager answered the phone, the answer would have been yes. But is it BAD service that the employee followed standard practice and it wasn’t accommodated? Not really. You just talked to a normal employee who told you the normal policy.

Big whoop. Wait for another sale.
    Yup, this is the best response yet, totally bang-on.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast