Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: IOR-Bucuresti Scopes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gundoggy's Avatar
    1.1-4X26 with the CQB reticle with BDC for 62 gr. 5.56.

Business Member
    The question was asked, what happens to existing IOR owners requiring warranty?

Regards,

Peter Dobson
    Hirsch Precsion Inc

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Normally the scope is replaced and once yearly the defective scopes are returned to IOR for refurb. I have not discussed warranty on previously imported scopes with them. I believe they will also be covered.

These look good especially for my AR especially the cqb model. Count me amongst the interested!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Normally the scope is replaced and once yearly the defective scopes are returned to IOR for refurb. I have not discussed warranty on previously imported scopes with them. I believe they will also be covered.
    This is good news. Customer sevice is more important than anything. I've had two IOR's and stilll have one. The 3-18x42 Tact. SFP and love it. May want another if things turn out good in Canada.
    Live Long & Prosper
    To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before.

http://inukshuk.smugmug.com/

Super GunNutz
    I have one as well and would certainly consider another if the customer service is there to back up the products should any issues arise.

P

Interested in the Tactical 4x24 M1, .308 BDC

Uber Super GunNutz
    I've got 2 of these scopes with MP8 reticles. They are the 2.5-10x42 models, with IOR 30mm mounts.

One came off the EE and the other came from a fellow in the Kootenay region of BC that used to import them.

These scopes are fantastic. They have little or no paralax at any given range and are literally bulletproof.

I've dropped my rifle on hard ice, while loseing control of my footing, fight on the scope turrets. Other than the turret covers getting dented, there wasn't any damage and the zero remained steady and consistant. This happened more than once to the same scope, so it wasn't just a fluke. One of the scopes spent a few minutes under water, when I went through the ice, not deep only a few feet. Quick wipe down, no problems, other than ice on the lenses and in the bore of the rifle.

The light gathering coatings on the lenses are great and the sharpness of image is nothing short of fantastic, even in low light levels where other scopes crap out.

The MP8 reticle makes rangeing easy and repeatable.

I've never had to send either of the scopes back (been working flawlessly for 5+years), but I hear that they are very good at honoring their warranty. Willy had the same policy as CanAm, replace the scope and send the problem scope back to Romania for repair/replacement.

No, I haven't been paid or prompted to give this reccomendation. These scopes are underappreciated and not well advertised. For the price, they are top of the line products and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. My main reason for not buying one on the last purchase was haveing to wait to long to get one. Now that CanAm has them, there shouldn't be a problem.

bearhunter

I would be interested in a 4x24 with 223 nato reticle.

Business Member
    Any developments of being an IOR importer?

Regards,

Peter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast