Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New logo

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsabre View Post
    X2..
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMonkeyChunk View Post
    I regularly breach every door in my house. Its a very expensive habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    To be honest, I prefer what you currently use. The new one looks wrong. It doesn't look like it belongs to a guns and ammo company. It looks more like the logo for a clothing line I'd punch my kids for asking me to buy.
    Sums it up. Besides, it kind of reminds me of the old Canadian Alliance logo. And we all remember how that turned out.

KISS principle. I like this, FWIW:

Leave the old on as is.

It's already engrained in the minds of the customers.

Save the money and get more stock on the website.
    Foot sex

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Clobbersauras's Avatar
    Guys, it's important to brand yourself in any business. And in any business, if you ain't growing, modernizing and changing, you're dying. The logo looks more professional than the old one and conveys a sense of motion, modernness and speed (IMO). I think the font of the other letters is out of step with the stylized "C". Otherwise, looks good
    ------------------------------
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco

Really its all perspective but I like it the old way....
    Hanser " Procrastinate now, don't put it off "
    -God Bless North America - Especially Alberta!!!
    -Some people are just dying to meet a Paramedic... Please God! Not ANOTHER learning experience!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    (Its not the ZOMBIES that scare me, it is THE NEW WORLD ORDER)

FWIW, I have done branding and re-branding for several companies as part of what I do when I'm not surfing gun sites on the entertron.

Some feedback for you, "truths" I have learned, for lack of a better term.

#1 - As a business owner, it is your responsibility to have a vision for the "feel" of you company, and to drive any logo or graphic representation of that vision.

#2 - Nobody knows your business needs like you do.

#3 - 25% of your customers will love a new logo, 25% will hate your new logo, 25% won't want change from the old one, and 25% wont care.

#4 - You generally need to update you brand every 2 - 3 yrs and re-brand your company every 5 years, depending on your market lifecycle.

#5 - Don't "solicit input" before the final product is done, or you get a different answer for every person you ask. follow your vision, get it created, and then announce it to the world. If you must ask for input beyond 1 or 2 trusted advisers (to challenge your assumptions) then your own vision is not strong enough.

#6 - Hire a graphic designer to ASSIST you, but don't hire them to create your logo. You need their professional input and creativity, but if you simply turn them loose, fail to challenge them, or simply let them "make their magic" you won't get what your vision requires for the business/product, etc.

#7 - Let general marketing and graphic design principles be your guide for color selection and overall style. Ask yourself every time you view the concept; "What does this say about my business"

#7 - If in doubt, see truth #5 and repeat it to yourself in the shower.

Good luck!

The C is to long and overpowering for the logo. You want a logo to be as simple as possible, easily recognizable, and also it must fit the company well. I would say to use the C itself as the logo but it kinda looks more like a skateboarding logo imho.

If you want just a logo itself get a few different ones made up and see what you like. Hell maybe do a contest on CGN and winner gets a small prize?

A logo that I think may work would be say a maple leaf with the back of a brass casing in the middle showing the stamp. Instead of a normal stamp saying who made it and caliber photoshop it out for canada ammo instead.
    Last edited by veritas; 12-06-2008 at 04:08 AM.

Are you still selling Ammo, lately it seems more like Guns :D

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    thanx guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12