Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a glock online from CanadaAmmo

Quote Originally Posted by rattle View Post
    When I went into the CFO office in Surrey (6 months ago) they stated that one does require a STATT to go from the post office to home with a restricted.
    How are you going to know whats in the box??? Just pick up the "BOX" and go home..DONE...And has been done ALLOT!!!!.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by superbikejohn View Post
    How are you going to know whats in the box??? Just pick up the "BOX" and go home..DONE...And has been done ALLOT!!!!.
    Sure has been done all the time. I also know that there is absolutly no way an officer can make you open a peice of mail while onroute home without a warrant. I guess my point is it is accutally good to know what the CFO opinion on it is rather than reading something on the internet. What you choose to do is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger343 View Post
    You do not need to get an ATT to bring a package home from the post office - this has been extensively covered in other threads.
    Oh, yes you do. You don't, if the postal carrier brings it to/from your door. According to the BC CFO last week anyways. I'm sure people in rual areas by- pass this all the time. I don't know which can be worse. You getting nailed on the way back of a pick up or Canada Post leaving a handgun on your doorstep/street side mail box for the curious package skids to steal.
    Last edited by jamiejaf; 12-06-2008 at 08:09 PM.

"i ordered a norinco 1911 from canadaammo on the 18th,,,
    and its still "queued", and i'm in bc...
    does it usually take this long???"

I emailed them and asked the same thing for my 1911TT. Mine has been queued since the 25th. I was told it is probly at the CFO. I placed a second order for a NP-58 on Dec 1st. I hope I manage to get them before Christmas.
    I enjoy firearms and firearm accessories.

CGN frequent flyer michaelsabre's Avatar
    Must be the paper work.

Charge Credit card and send out pistols, how long that can take?
    Last edited by michaelsabre; 12-06-2008 at 11:33 PM.

in quebec the provincial police (SQ) send you a letter saying that your transfer has been approved along with a STATT.about a week later you get a letter from CFC with your reg. cert.
    member : CCFR CPC

Akita Master
    Super Moderator
    "i ordered a norinco 1911 from canadaammo on the 18th,,,
    and its still "queued", and i'm in bc...
    does it usually take this long???"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cocker
    I emailed them and asked the same thing for my 1911TT. Mine has been queued since the 25th. I was told it is probly at the CFO. I placed a second order for a NP-58 on Dec 1st. I hope I manage to get them before Christmas.
    +1

I was told the same when I emailed today... I ordered Dec 01...... Wanted to know how to check the status of the order....... Although other BC dealer initiated transfers I have done recently [two different dealers] have been approved by the BC CFO in 1 business day or less.

My question in my email [still unanswered] was if we also got emailed when the status goes from "queued" to "processed" [etc] to "shipped"? [You get emailed when you place an order thru the website....]

It would be nice to know.... or do we just wait for it to show up?

If anyone, who has ordered previously, that has had it go thru, shipped & then subsequently received their order could shed some light on the process, that would be good, too.

Thanks in advance, NAA.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went". - Will Rogers.

I ordered something much cheaper then a firearm from CanadaAmmo on Dec 1st, thought maybe it would have arrived but so far nothing and no answer to my email asking for an update. Same day I ordered a firearm from Ontario and its scheduled to be delivered Monday Dec 8th. I'm in BC so a package from CanadaAmmo should arrive the next day. I was going to order a Glock 17 but when I called to order the pricing was higher then the listed website price.
    Hopefully they are just a little overwhelmed with orders right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiejaf View Post
    Oh, yes you do. You don't, if the postal carrier brings it to/from your door. According to the BC CFO last week anyways. I'm sure people in rual areas by- pass this all the time. I don't know which can be worse. You getting nailed on the way back of a pick up or Canada Post leaving a handgun on your doorstep/street side mail box for the curious package skids to steal.
    Just remember if you get an STATT you must transport the firearm in accordance with the terms of the STATT. This means no cardboard box, as they are too easy to break into, so you will have to lock your package up in something else. Also are you sure it was shipped with a trigger lock? If it wasn't one will have to be put on before transport.

To me, the requirements above mean that I would have to open my package at the postal outlet in order to be sure I am in compliance with the transport regulations. No way that is going to happen...I'm not sure of the legal ramifications of being caught driving your mail home without an ATT, but I am sure that it would be preferable to being caught with an open restricted firearm at the post office.:D

I believe you when you say the BC CFO says that a STATT is required. I plan on calling them and asking how they can reconcile that with the fact that firearms aren't commonly shipped to a standard acceptable for the more stringent personal transport.

BTW I know what you mean about leaving it on the doorstep. My last two restricteds were delivered that way. My postie isn't the sharpest pencil in the cup obviously...
    "When there is no other course open to man, it is only righteous to unsheathe the sword." - Gobind Singh

"I've got a pistol that is itching to be whipped..." - K1ng

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Just remember if you get an STATT you must transport the firearm in accordance with the terms of the STATT. This means no cardboard box, as they are too easy to break into, so you will have to lock your package up in something else. Also are you sure it was shipped with a trigger lock? If it wasn't one will have to be put on before transport.

To me, the requirements above mean that I would have to open my package at the postal outlet in order to be sure I am in compliance with the transport regulations. No way that is going to happen...I'm not sure of the legal ramifications of being caught driving your mail home without an ATT, but I am sure that it would be preferable to being caught with an open restricted firearm at the post office.:D
    I asked that exact question. Was advised to open the package in the post office, put a trigger lock on it and into a locked container. I was told there shouldn't be a issue as I have a vaild PAL. Ask to get that in writing and was told you could do like most people do and just take the package home without opening it. So I asked again why I required a STATT, well sir I don't make the laws!

As well I went in to get a STATT before the mail had actually arrived at the post office. But figure that since I work when the postie normally make there rounds that I should be able to get a STATT for the next two days to cover me. Nope, no dice. The would not issue a STATT without first knowing that it was acutally there and then for not more than one day. Like there is going to be a big public saftey concern or something that I have a peice of paper stating I can go from the post office to my house for more than a 24 hour period. Thanks so if I don't get home until 4:30 Friday I have to wait until Monday to get a peice of paper to pickup my new firearm.
    Last edited by rattle; 12-07-2008 at 09:50 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast