Just bought a glock online from CanadaAmmo

Was advised to open the package in the post office, put a trigger lock on it and into a locked container.

Let us know how that goes. I know if I tried that in my local 7/11 where my packages go, I wouldn't be making it home that evening.

Just pick up your package and go home.

Last edited:
Lets look at this another way. You know a pistol is coming in the mail but you aren't really sure when. You've ordered a number of items from that store, you go down to the post office, open the box thinking it is a set of grips and find a nice shiny new NP58. What do you do then...ask them to hold it until you make a call to get your ATT? Ya, no opening boxes at the post office!

Ryan

Let us know how that goes. I know if I tried that in my local 7/11 where my packages go, I wouldn't be making it home that evening.

I wanted to get it in writing then I could go to the local RCMP and show them what I was directed to do and have an officer attend so there wouldn't be a show. Course they wouldn't give it to me in writing. That was enough for me trying to stir the pot for a day, the mail came home unopened.

NAA said:
Questions to Can-Am:

1. How long does it take to process an item ordered thru the website?

2. Exactly: How long from when an order becomes "queued" to when it's processed? [i.e. if it's a "restricted" that is "in stock"]?

3. And do persons who have ordered get emails on the progress of the processing? [i.e. status goes from "queued" to "processed" to "shipped", etc].

4. Just wondering on a ball park, given no hold-ups in processing [i.e. item is in stock, transfer goes thru in the normal fashion i.e. dealer to individual in B.C. is usually 1 or 2 days etc], from time of order to shipping?

Thanks in advance,

NAA.

Had my own questions answered in the process of ordering:

1. Ordered thru the website on Dec 01 [notified via email that order had been received and was "queued"]. Order processed on Dec 08 [notified via email that order was "processed"] Order shipped on Dec 11 [notified via email with tracking number] and received on Dec 12.

2. "Queued" to "processed" was approximately 1 week. Not too bad considering the season and the run Can-Am must be having on some of the cool items for sale on the website.

3. Email notifications thru whole process as described above.

4. Time from order to shipping was 10 days.... :cool: [Noted that the CFC/BC CPFO took 2 days to "approve" transfer is also included in this].

I wanted to get it in writing then I could go to the local RCMP and show them what I was directed to do and have an officer attend so there wouldn't be a show. Course they wouldn't give it to me in writing. That was enough for me trying to stir the pot for a day, the mail came home unopened.

Thanks for saving me the phone call rattle! Great advice they give out ther eh? I mean really, if it wasn't such a hassle I might just jump through their hoops. Until that changes my mail is just mail...

Good on you for trying though!

I think the problem with CANAM is a staffing problem. If a product is in stock and all your information is in order and in my case in the same area as them it should not take two weeks to even start to proccess your order. My order is still Quered since Jan 9. When contacting them via e-mail the responce I got was " Very Busy proccessing orders"..... I orderd a restricted firearm from MARSTAR on Jan 4 and the product was at my local post office Jan 15.....
Had my own questions answered in the process of ordering:

1. Ordered thru the website on Dec 01 [notified via email that order had been received and was "queued"]. Order processed on Dec 08 [notified via email that order was "processed"] Order shipped on Dec 11 [notified via email with tracking number] and received on Dec 12.

2. "Queued" to "processed" was approximately 1 week. Not too bad considering the season and the run Can-Am must be having on some of the cool items for sale on the website.

3. Email notifications thru whole process as described above.

4. Time from order to shipping was 10 days.... :cool: [Noted that the CFC/BC CPFO took 2 days to "approve" transfer is also included in this].

I put my order in Jan 5th and it's still queued. No worries though, Im guessing they weren't expecting to be this busy.

Very exciting. My first firearm ever.

Just curious though, exactly how does this process work? Will I get a call from someone there to get my RPAL info? Will I have to fax it or will an emailed scan do?

From what I can gather from my search I'll be looking at anywhere from 4 to 20 business days for my temp ATT. Is that correct?

Me too bought BCGN

Oh, yes you do. You don't, if the postal carrier brings it to/from your door. According to the BC CFO last week anyways. I'm sure people in rual areas by- pass this all the time. I don't know which can be worse. You getting nailed on the way back of a pick up or Canada Post leaving a handgun on your doorstep/street side mail box for the curious package skids to steal.
Under what circumstances are you going to have to open your mail and show a police officer??? Life in general must be terrifying for people who worry about something like this.

in quebec :rolleyes: the provincial police (SQ) send you a letter saying that your transfer has been approved along with a STATT.about a week later you get a letter from CFC with your reg. cert.

This. CFC sent me approval and I forwarded it dealer and they shipped. Easy .

Back
Top Bottom