Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a glock online from CanadaAmmo

Quote Originally Posted by rattle View Post
    Was advised to open the package in the post office, put a trigger lock on it and into a locked container.
    Let us know how that goes. I know if I tried that in my local 7/11 where my packages go, I wouldn't be making it home that evening.

Just pick up your package and go home.
    Last edited by Anglinfool; 12-08-2008 at 07:05 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Pick up the phone and call them guys. Email is unreliable, and if I see that a dealer or seller takes forever to answer it I don't bother using it at all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Undergiver's Avatar
    Picked up a parcel today from the post office and low and behold when I got it home and opened it, it was my Norinco NP-58 from Can Am. Nice pistol by the way
    UCP member
    CPC member

Lets look at this another way. You know a pistol is coming in the mail but you aren't really sure when. You've ordered a number of items from that store, you go down to the post office, open the box thinking it is a set of grips and find a nice shiny new NP58. What do you do then...ask them to hold it until you make a call to get your ATT? Ya, no opening boxes at the post office!

Ryan

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglinfool View Post
    Let us know how that goes. I know if I tried that in my local 7/11 where my packages go, I wouldn't be making it home that evening.
    I wanted to get it in writing then I could go to the local RCMP and show them what I was directed to do and have an officer attend so there wouldn't be a show. Course they wouldn't give it to me in writing. That was enough for me trying to stir the pot for a day, the mail came home unopened.

Can we get some pics in the pistol section for that NP-58 undergiver
    I enjoy firearms and firearm accessories.

Akita Master
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NAA
    Questions to Can-Am:

1. How long does it take to process an item ordered thru the website?

2. Exactly: How long from when an order becomes "queued" to when it's processed? [i.e. if it's a "restricted" that is "in stock"]?

3. And do persons who have ordered get emails on the progress of the processing? [i.e. status goes from "queued" to "processed" to "shipped", etc].

4. Just wondering on a ball park, given no hold-ups in processing [i.e. item is in stock, transfer goes thru in the normal fashion i.e. dealer to individual in B.C. is usually 1 or 2 days etc], from time of order to shipping?

Thanks in advance,

NAA.
    Had my own questions answered in the process of ordering:

1. Ordered thru the website on Dec 01 [notified via email that order had been received and was "queued"]. Order processed on Dec 08 [notified via email that order was "processed"] Order shipped on Dec 11 [notified via email with tracking number] and received on Dec 12.

2. "Queued" to "processed" was approximately 1 week. Not too bad considering the season and the run Can-Am must be having on some of the cool items for sale on the website.

3. Email notifications thru whole process as described above.

4. Time from order to shipping was 10 days.... [Noted that the CFC/BC CPFO took 2 days to "approve" transfer is also included in this].

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went". - Will Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by rattle View Post
    I wanted to get it in writing then I could go to the local RCMP and show them what I was directed to do and have an officer attend so there wouldn't be a show. Course they wouldn't give it to me in writing. That was enough for me trying to stir the pot for a day, the mail came home unopened.
    Thanks for saving me the phone call rattle! Great advice they give out ther eh? I mean really, if it wasn't such a hassle I might just jump through their hoops. Until that changes my mail is just mail...

Good on you for trying though!
    "When there is no other course open to man, it is only righteous to unsheathe the sword." - Gobind Singh

"I've got a pistol that is itching to be whipped..." - K1ng

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    ordered mine July 11. transfer wasn't started till Dec 3. still waiting........

I think the problem with CANAM is a staffing problem. If a product is in stock and all your information is in order and in my case in the same area as them it should not take two weeks to even start to proccess your order. My order is still Quered since Jan 9. When contacting them via e-mail the responce I got was " Very Busy proccessing orders"..... I orderd a restricted firearm from MARSTAR on Jan 4 and the product was at my local post office Jan 15.....
    Quote Originally Posted by NAA View Post
    Had my own questions answered in the process of ordering:

1. Ordered thru the website on Dec 01 [notified via email that order had been received and was "queued"]. Order processed on Dec 08 [notified via email that order was "processed"] Order shipped on Dec 11 [notified via email with tracking number] and received on Dec 12.

2. "Queued" to "processed" was approximately 1 week. Not too bad considering the season and the run Can-Am must be having on some of the cool items for sale on the website.

3. Email notifications thru whole process as described above.

4. Time from order to shipping was 10 days.... [Noted that the CFC/BC CPFO took 2 days to "approve" transfer is also included in this].

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast