Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a glock online from CanadaAmmo

Just bought a glock online from CanadaAmmo

Very exciting. My first firearm ever.

Just curious though, exactly how does this process work? Will I get a call from someone there to get my RPAL info? Will I have to fax it or will an emailed scan do?

From what I can gather from my search I'll be looking at anywhere from 4 to 20 business days for my temp ATT. Is that correct?

i ordered a norinco 1911 from canadaammo on the 18th,,,
    and its still "queued", and i'm in bc...
    does it usually take this long???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CeeZer's Avatar
    You'll need to provide your RPAL, full name, address, club name and so on to the dealer for them to start the transfer. They will not ship it until transfer is finalized and you will need STATT to pick it up. Thou, sometimes you may pick up a package at your local PO and only when you open it at home, realize what's in the box :D

Transfer times seem to vary by province and it may be a little busy now due to pre-holidays time and all the people buying their guns before Coup-alition and 'new' Parliament get to flex their muscle..

You can either email or phone-in your info to the dealer, they'll take care of the transfer and shipping. Obtaining STATT will be your responsibility thou.

When you call CFO for STATT, ask to get it faxed, tell them you'd feel better if the gun sits in a SAFE at home rather than in a box at the PO :D ... hope that'll speed up STATT issuance.

You do not need to get an ATT to bring a package home from the post office - this has been extensively covered in other threads.
    It must be easy to be a liberal; the qualifications are so minimal. Just take a not-too-bright rock and add outrage.

congrats on 1st firearm.. glock. nice choice
    'Spartans don't ask how many, but where they are'

-=CSSA=-

Quote Originally Posted by HedonismBot View Post
    Very exciting. My first firearm ever.

Just curious though, exactly how does this process work? Will I get a call from someone there to get my RPAL info? Will I have to fax it or will an emailed scan do?

From what I can gather from my search I'll be looking at anywhere from 4 to 20 business days for my temp ATT. Is that correct?
    Any time I've bought online/over the phone from a dealer they the dealer took my info and that was it. No need for me to call the CFC, CFO or LCBO.
    Pistols were delivered to my door via Canada post or Purolator...
    Easy and hassle free.
    Any time I've asked for a temp ATT all it took a phone call and I had it immediately.
    Bernie Rhodes knows. Don't Argue

This was the (very fast) response I got:

"We transfer it through the cfc and once approved we ship it to you. Takes anywhere from 1 day to 6 weeks depending on the cfc."

Being your first, you will have to get a LTATT approved first. at least thats what I had to do in BC to finalize the transfer of my first restricted.
    you forget....I am not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger343 View Post
    You do not need to get an ATT to bring a package home from the post office - this has been extensively covered in other threads.
    When I went into the CFO office in Surrey (6 months ago) they stated that one does require a STATT to go from the post office to home with a restricted.

Akita Master
    Super Moderator

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dongxixi View Post
    i ordered a norinco 1911 from canadaammo on the 18th,,,
    and its still "queued", and i'm in bc...
    does it usually take this long???
    Maybe someone from Can-Am that's on the site here can clarify the questions......

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went". - Will Rogers.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast