honest opinions?

Bought several M14S rifles off Marstar over the years, I like the quality of the Norinco M14 rifles, no issues on anything, would deal again anytime!

Cheers
Jay

I've got one Norc M14 from Marstar, which I totally love, and I'm likely to get a Norc pistol once my RPAL arrives in the mail. I'm confident that after reading some reviews on the specific firearms I want to buy and doing a little research, that I won't be dissapointed by buying Norinco products from Marstar, and thier service is good should my product fail.

Not being able to find CZ pistol mags, I bought several Norinco "clone" mags. Didn't quite fit, cheerfully refunded my money the same day they arrived back at Marstar. I have two M-14s, both are great. I know someone who bought a 1911 clone, loves it.

Bottom line, my experience has been nothing but positive, and even when it was not perfect, Marstar made it right. Their warrantee service is excellent.

I can't speak for the Norinco products, but I have a CHZ-2003 that came from Marstar, as received the front sight was off and I was unable to budge it, I called Marstar, they were very helpful and didn't hesitate to say 'send it it', I did and received it back promptly with the sight freed up and corrected.

I bought an M14 and an HP9. Aside from an unstaked latch the HP9 is solid thus far. My M14 was great all around. If it wasn't so expensive\time consuming to feed I would still have it. Marstar's warranty is top notch.

I have had a lot of Marstar's Norinco M14s pass through my hands over the last 4 years or so...they are great guns.

Also the 1911s.

I can't really speak to the quality of any of the other Norincos...I passed on a Norinco AR the other day (not from Marstar) because it just looked a little too rough, so I didn't trust the internals enough to buy one, although they are getting good reviews.

But at the very least their 1911s and M14s (which are gone now I believe) are great guns. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

I have had a lot of Marstar's Norinco M14s pass through my hands over the last 4 years or so...they are great guns.

Also the 1911s.

I can't really speak to the quality of any of the other Norincos...I passed on a Norinco AR the other day (not from Marstar) because it just looked a little too rough, so I didn't trust the internals enough to buy one, although they are getting good reviews.

But at the very least their 1911s and M14s (which are gone now I believe) are great guns. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Hi, I'm considering to buy a Norinco M4, you said it's rough, did you see it in person or just the pics? thanks.

I handled one in person, yesterday. I am not an AR expert by any stretch so you should take my opinion as that of a guy who is used to guns and machines but has no special knowledge of this model.

I thought that the overal machining on the thing was pretty rough. Some of the parts this probably doesn't matter on - the safety selector for instance looked like it was cast out of play-doh but that probably would not interfere with the function. I was told that I was looking at a rough example and I believe that to be true. However, I was not impressed even though people like MikeK who know more than me and whose opinion I respect say it performs.

If your interest is having an AR that works even if it's pretty ugly up close I suspect you will have no complaints. If MikeK says it runs I believe it will run.

Personally it was just a little too rough for me, and in combination with the sudden arrivement of a bunch of cheap 7.62x39 I decided to buy a CZ858 instead.

Part of this for me is that I don't intend to own a bunch of ARs, just one or two, one being for the GF. So for me, I'd be buying my one AR at $900 and then be unable to take it to the US for any classes or anything.

If Marstar brought them it at $700 I would have bought one, but although I can appreciate the arguments for this gun at $900 I just couldn't quite persuade myself.

I will wait and buy something I can take to the US instead, or if Marstar gets them in noticeably cheaper I might get one then.

But that is just me and I am not knocking people who chose differently. I can understand both sides of this equation for sure.

Bought two M14's from them last year. Was pleased with their processing of the order, shipping and the state of the rifles. Their warranty gives me confidence that if I got a lemon, they'd fix or replace it. Its good to have a look at a Norinco product so you know what to expect in terms of finish. Have wanted an M14 for years, but to be able to get one for cheap enough that I can afford to deck it out with a scope and other mods, its an unbeatable opportunity.

I bought a CZ 75 clone...guess I wasnt lucky. Fired a 100 round and the firing pin broke...Ive been waiting for Marstar to ship me a new firing pin since ...So for now Im stuck with a 400$ paperweight.
I have mixed emotion about Norinco product since replacement parts seems hard to get.
Its been a couple of weeks since I contacted Marstar and they said they would ship asap.

Last edited:
I have bought several norinco guns from Marstar over the past few years.Service is good. I call them on the phone, give them the info no problem.

I've bought probably 8 or 10 guns from Marstar over the years, a lot of parts and ammo too. When they've messed up they've made it right and I still shop there.

'nuff said.

Oh, and John's a great guy in person too, as are his staff. He's got great stories...

I have bought a gun and numerous other products from Marstar. Service was quick the products were good and the price was right. I would never hesitate to buy anything from John.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom