Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: honest opinions?

I have bought an M-14S and a 1911 from them. I found the sales e-mail to be fine but support awful slow, but they have always answered.

As for the actual Norinco products The M-14S is decent but my rear sight is drilled off center and it's sloppy (the sight). The wood was awful and required considerably work to get it to harden up and stop bleeding cosmo all over the place. The fit and finish is much lower than the Springfield Armory Inc rifles however for the cost difference you can fix up the M-14S and have a much better gun. The accuracy leaves something to be desired and varies quite a bit with ammo. However you have you consider you just bought a $400-$550 semi-auto 30 cal, what do you want?! Do you plan on taking long range shots at coyotes with it? I don't.

The 1911 is just fine for a "mil spec" except that the sights it came with shot really low, like 1m at 25m, however fixing this is cheaper (free if you already own a file) than shipping it back to Marstar to get it fixed. Don't expect nice tight groups like you may have gotten from higher end 1911s, they're sloppy, just like the original and mine preforms about as well as other low end 1911s I've fired.

Neither the M-14S or 1911 have ever experienced any kind of a mechanical faliure.
    Last edited by FiveBillionAcres; 05-13-2009 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    KALASHNIKOV;
    I have a problem reading your posting, you say you contacted us with this problem ?? Would you mind telling who you spoke with and the date ?

This would be covered under warranty at no cost to you, I look forward to hearing from you....

Would you rather return it to us for service or replacement ??
    John
    It was all done by email.
    Problems started on feb.22 for a missing retainer. Emailed back to you for a broken firing pin on the 20 of march. Got an email with the mention "*GOOD DAY SYLVAIN , SORRY FOR THE DELAY ... YOUR FIRING PIN AS BEEN SHIPPED ON THE 17TH OF THIS MONTH .. YOU SHOULD HAVE IT ANY DAY NOW .THANK YOU !! * got it on the 22 of april.
    We tried the new firing pin but for some reason now its the trigger that jams halfway trough.
    Ive tried the gun 3 times and it failed 3 times!
    I will give it one more try and than thats it for my Norinco experience!

Expired Business
    KALASHNIKOV;
    I certainly do not like letting such an issue remain outstanding....
    Please answer my question, I think we are fair in saying, "do you want to send it to us (at our cost) for repair or replacement ?"

Before I can do anything I really need your name, you can send this to john@marstar.ca if you do not wish to post it here.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    KALASHNIKOV;
    I certainly do not like letting such an issue remain outstanding....
    Please answer my question, I think we are fair in saying, "do you want to send it to us (at our cost) for repair or replacement ?"

Before I can do anything I really need your name, you can send this to john@marstar.ca if you do not wish to post it here.

John
    Fair indeed, thanx John!
    I'm moving out in a month or so and it will be complicated with the ATT.I will contact you when I'll be at my new place...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456