Reasons for refusing PAL/RPAL application.

How the hell could something when your 13 let alone 10 matter. But I hope you spell better on the application then you do here. That is as important as anything else.

I went from a POL to a RPAL and nobody was ever contacted either.

"...an x frimed..." A what? Any criminal activity has to involve violence and be within the past 3 years, as I recall. Otherwise, any recent history of mental illness, marital stress, financial stress can cause a denial. Answer yes to any of the questions and you have to explain to a civil servant why said civil servant should allow you to purchase a firearm.
"...the possible reasons..." A lot of it is at the whim of whatever civil servant reads the application. They do have to provide a reason. There is also an appeals process.

My brother in law is interested in getting his PAL and going hunting with us. He was convicted of drug trafficking (I don't know the exact conviction) because he was dealing a lot of drugs about 8 or 9 years back. Today he is married with a 4 y/o daughter and a 2nd on the way. Owns his own home and works as a crane operator. He has been out of prison for about 7 years now I think, maybe a bit longer (i'm not sure). Is there any chance he could get his PAL? He has no convictions of violent behavior at all, but mentioned something about a weapons restriction. He's working on getting a pardon, but that will likely take literally forever.

My brother in law is interested in getting his PAL and going hunting with us. He was convicted of drug trafficking (I don't know the exact conviction) because he was dealing a lot of drugs about 8 or 9 years back. Today he is married with a 4 y/o daughter and a 2nd on the way. Owns his own home and works as a crane operator. He has been out of prison for about 7 years now I think, maybe a bit longer (i'm not sure). Is there any chance he could get his PAL? He has no convictions of violent behavior at all, but mentioned something about a weapons restriction. He's working on getting a pardon, but that will likely take literally forever.

If he has a restriction on owning weapons I would imagine the answer would be no. The only way to know for sure is to try.

Could I be denied for being a victim of domestic violence. My son's dad is a total stalker and punched me in the face. I need a gun because my mom and I are single mothers of she has 4 daughters. I have a son. We need food for the winters and I want to teach my son to hunt for our family.

Could I be denied for being a victim of domestic violence. My son's dad is a total stalker and punched me in the face. I need a gun because my mom and I are single mothers of she has 4 daughters. I have a son. We need food for the winters and I want to teach my son to hunt for our family.

That is the stupidest things anyone can type! so you joined today just to post this!!! WOW

Hey guys thanks for having me on here 1st time posting.

Just wanted to add my experience and hopefully get some opinions.
I was recently refused my non-res PAL, main sections the CFO referred too was violent behavior. I had a domestic issue with my dad when i was 17 and I am now 22. I do not have any charges and have never been charged. The CFO only evidence used against me to revoke were police reports (no actual charges or court references). I had done an interview with her too and I got the feeling that I was being judged and she did not like me. I am thinking off appealing my case through my lawyer as he says she has no concrete evidence to support her claims. I have full time job - and i wanna hunt out west where i work.

I agree with the couple of last posts that you should be honest and most importantly DONT ACT SMART, try not to deny things. Thanks for any opinions and awesome forum!

Ban time.

my rpal is in the works, but what has me worried is that in jan of 08 I was laid off from my company (they closed down the entire site and moved back to the US) really hope this doesn't effect obtaining my license. I'm already shopping around for a club and safe.

Job loss is immediate job loss, refers back to the suicide consideration, that's all that means.

I had a bad patch in life and we'll and caused some injury to myself . I waited to apply for my pal and got denied but my doctor who I know well and knew I dealt with my past and had worked through this actually voluntarily helped me get my PAL and thanks to that I now get to enjoy my hobby of hunting and target shooting. Took a little longer (3 years) but I just finished up a custom build thanks to ATRS and Insite arms and can't wait to get her ringing steel at 700m.

Job loss is immediate job loss, refers back to the suicide consideration, that's all that means.

I was laid off when I sent my upgrade from Pal to RPal, I think it might add a couple questions to references but as long as there is no more red flags than that, it wont make a difference.

I got mine just fine.

I had a run in with the law and did time in jail nothing to crazy and no weapons band or and weapon offences now it has been over five years since I've had any run ins with the law do you think this will affect me getting approved for my pal? I was told that because I had a criminal record it had to be reviewed

Back
Top Bottom