Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good gun store in Vancouver

CGN Regular
    I bought my first two rifles from lever arms and I felt the guys at the counter weren't very approachable, they DO stare at you when you walk in, they ignore you until you ask for help... actually gave me a bad impression of the firearms crowd, having not known any better having just gotten my pal a little over a year ago

reliable on the other hand, excellent service and always a casual atmosphere... there's just ONE person at reliable that's a bit pushy and doesn't seem that nice, but I wont mention any names

if your a newbie like I was/am or your new in town I highly recommend reliable, better selection than lever too.

Lever arms what is a lever arms.... Never heard of it, sounds like a store that will treat you like a piece of s**t.
    Now that I have that it of my system, Reliable or Italian sporting goods are the ONLY 2 shops worth dealing with in the LML! Believe me I know!
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -Ben Franklin
    One cannot successfully legislate an object to control an action. QuickDraw16

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Reliable is as the name implies always reliable with good knowledge and service.
    ISG (Italian) is hit or miss, can be very busy at times so wait is long.
    Lever Arms is misspelled, should be Never Arms, NEVER go there expecting service.

ISS (International) has good price and service. Noticed they took over the space that was Hunter's that moved to Surrey from Van. decades ago.
    Wanstall is great for service; Gary is great to deal with. While there stop by CustomAmmo for reloading supplies but call ahead.

Looks like someone knows how to do CGN search and JIT with the 36 months limit almost up; now this thread will live to at least April 2015, yippee.

What do you call someone reading and replying to 3 yr old resurrected thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    someone must have been bored, resurrecting a thread from 2009.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

I only went to Lever Arms once. At that time they were the only ones that had any OD Green SR-9's left anywhere, for a reason. I've had better service at a crack motel. Since then, I've done my shopping at both Italian and Reliable. They've both been great. Haven't been to wanstalls or ISS. probably will one day just to spread my support for local small box gun stores.
    Last edited by spast17; 04-18-2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burnaby View Post
    Reliable is as the name implies always reliable with good knowledge and service.
    ISG (Italian) is hit or miss, can be very busy at times so wait is long.
    Lever Arms is misspelled, should be Never Arms, NEVER go there expecting service.

ISS (International) has good price and service. Noticed they took over the space that was Hunter's that moved to Surrey from Van. decades ago.
    Wanstall is great for service; Gary is great to deal with. While there stop by CustomAmmo for reloading supplies but call ahead.

Looks like someone knows how to do CGN search and JIT with the 36 months limit almost up; now this thread will live to at least April 2015, yippee.

What do you call someone reading and replying to 3 yr old resurrected thread?
    ^this

Reliable always good, and from what I've seen always good prices.

Italian, I had ok service for ammo sales but once when I was asking this fat older guy for info on getting a ruger mk3 hunter, he says what? What is that? I've never heard of this. So I'm a tad confused being new to buying guns at that time, I say ok.... Well it's a ruger 22 pistol and it's got 6-7/8" barrel on it. He goes "never heard of it." End of conversation. Didn't even try to get one or sell it to me despite having other ruger mk3 in the display case. Dunno maybe they don't need money like the rest of us.

With lever I had ok service for small things like hoppes and ammo, but I had asked to see one of their Swiss arms guns behind the counter and they simply say no, we can't let you see it. Ok..... Is that some sort of store policy? Oh well bought a noveske at questar instead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123