Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Semi Negev - any interest?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    If someone could make a new receiver Bren out of old Israeli parts at a half-decent price, that would be great. Even better, the L4 which would use Iraeli FAL mags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2_Ve0ksT_I
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

First, It's great to see you're actually willing to go out of your way to find interesting things and bring them to the Canadian market. Big Thumbs Up!!!

Just out of curiosity though, what do you consider to be the biggest expense of bringing in stuff like this? I mean $12k is a lot (and I don't dispute that your margins are likely low) but the Negev is probably pretty cheap to get in Israel (my cousin in Haifa claims you could get something very similar to what you're proposing for around 12,000 shekels) so where's the biggest cost?

Once again, Great job on trying to get new stuff for us!
    I'm not complaining about price, just curious

i would say bring in a few and see what happens, im sure once they are here you wouldnt be stuck with them for too long. Id love a belt fed but the wife would wrap it around my head when she saw the price but thats me. Got to be some well off collectors out there with cash to spare. Look at the price for an H&K mp7 on the ee $14000 so the negev is cheap with easy to get mags and ammo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    First, those HK types are deluded. Some of us almost got MP7s for $1500 -note the zeroes (but that`s another story). Even an HK94 for $5000 - yeah, no. I don`t know everything, but I believe the high Negev price will be due to high cost overseas to buy the stock in the first place. That being said, most will not be able to afford it.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by novega View Post
    First, It's great to see you're actually willing to go out of your way to find interesting things and bring them to the Canadian market. Big Thumbs Up!!!

Just out of curiosity though, what do you consider to be the biggest expense of bringing in stuff like this? I mean $12k is a lot (and I don't dispute that your margins are likely low) but the Negev is probably pretty cheap to get in Israel (my cousin in Haifa claims you could get something very similar to what you're proposing for around 12,000 shekels) so where's the biggest cost?

Once again, Great job on trying to get new stuff for us!
    I'm not complaining about price, just curious
    Biggest cost is the gun.

Very Interested

I would be interested in the Negev.

Pretty much anything out of Israel.

However, i still want to order a Tavor.

Any update, as the dollar is strong right now?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    I have made a decision if you bring them in I will buy one. I have the cash in hand right now. My landscaping project for my back yard will have to wait till next summer.

If these could be ordered on a custom-basis, after i finish my current project, sell it, and free up some funds i'd probably buy one.

Although, at 12k, i do not think they would exactly sell like hotcakes, but there are a few people out there with the cash that would love to purchase them.

Just a question, are there any already approved belts that could be fit into this gun to get around the capacity limit?
    Proud to be UBC

WTS complete MG42 Bolt here
    WTS 2 complete M53 Bolts here
    Not mine, but check it out :D http://canadianblackriflemag.wordpress.com/

id take one and i know someone who would prob take 2 of them

It's like the Batcave, if Alfred gave up on the place.
    If work picks up I'd be seriously tempted. I mean, I need it like a hole in the head and I could buy a decent used truck for that price but...I never claimed to be reasonable.

Now, for the requisite stupid question... I've read that the negev has an 18.1" barrel, if you're getting semis built, is there any chance of a longer barrel that might squeak by as a non-restricted? Yes I'm still a little drunk from last night/this morning but, there's no harm in asking is there?:D
    "I just ride'em, I don't know what makes'em work."- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast