Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Restricted firearms purchases from Epps

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by manx07 View Post
    I have always had a trigger lock and locked case when I have picked up a restricted in store and I have bought from a few places. Personally, I don't care about what Canada Post does, they are a Crown Corp and will not face any charges while it is in their possession just like how an RCMP officer can leave a loaded pistol in the back seat of his squad car and have it stolen and a teenage girl shot with it and not face charges. Personally I don't think they would be lenient on me the same way. I really don't see the debate here. Epps isn't alone and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they want you to follow the law. Just be a good lad now and bring a case and trigger lock.
    If you leave the store with a firearm, you're transporting it, so you have to follow the laws on transporting a firearm. But that's on you, not on the retailer.

For shipping, the problem is that some retailer insist on locking the trigger and shipping into an expensive lockbox that you'll never need afterward. If retailers used 1$ trigger locks (they exist, sold in 10-pack) and locked the manufacturer-provided case (all my restricted have come into a case) with a 1$ padlock, (almost) nobody would be crying about it. But add 50-100$ in trigger locks and padlocks to a 350$ norinco and everyone sane will take their business elsewhere.

Everytime I've shipped a gun by CP (either sold on EE or for warranty work), I had to transport it to the post office, so transport rules apply to me. Everytime they were trigger locked and in a locked box. Never has this cost me more than 3$, and when I sell on the EE I don't even mention it, I just end up with 3$ less in my pocket. If I asked anyone for the 50-100$ that some retailers ask for trigger lock and and lockbox, everyone would tell me to stuff it, rightly so imho.

Just got a non restricted rifle in from a major chain store.
    There was a cheapo lock of sorts on the trigger with the "key" in the box with the gun.
    Was waiting with the electronic stylus in hand while the PO clerk processed the package containing the gun and she handed me the gun over the counter with no signature required???

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by win94luver View Post
    How hard is it to bring a lockable opaque box and a trigger lock into the store when you know you are going to buy a handgun?

OK, so you're won't be a hero if you don't use zip ties and 'stick it to the man'.
    Every new gun I ever bought came with a cable lock , slap that on the gun and they sell the cheap luggage locks at the dollar store .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovin View Post
    Just take their sweet time shipping them out. (purchased Jan 24)
    CFO confirmed transfer approval Feb 1.
    Called Epps "No, the approval isn't approved" (Feb 6)
    Hmmmm I tend to believe the CFO

Firearm has tracking number but STILL not shipped.
    First (trial) purchase here. Likely the last.
    Epps gets the Transfer notices through email. If epps has not received a email from the CFO saying the transfer is finished the only other way to check is by one of the counter staff calling the CFC to check. if it is on the weekend we cant call. during the week we can.

I've got multiple guns that traditional trigger locks don't fit on in the original factory case. However all of those will fit in the case with one of the plastic trigger locks screw together type. My local gun store throws them in for free every time. For example any norinco pistol try and fit a regular trigger lock on it in the factory case, not going to happen.

CGN Regular
    Every restricted I bought online came in the mail with no locks on them.....and that included an ar15.
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Only ever gotten zip ties. When I do, usually it's one for the firearm in lieu of a cable lock, and one around the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovin View Post
    Just take their sweet time shipping them out. (purchased Jan 24)
    CFO confirmed transfer approval Feb 1.
    Called Epps "No, the approval isn't approved" (Feb 6)
    Hmmmm I tend to believe the CFO

Firearm has tracking number but STILL not shipped.
    First (trial) purchase here. Likely the last.
    A lot of stores receive their transfer notices through good ol' fashioned snail mail. They won't ship it until they get one even if you have received yours; for good reason too. Your best bet in such a situation is to call them and have them call the CFO themselves to verify. A worse bet is to necropost on an unrelated thread about your minor issue.

I really don't get why folk are so quick to post online about an issue instead of picking up the phone (more than once). I get it. I absolutely hate talking to people too, especially over the phone, and I absolutely love to b!tch and moan about crap. But do you really think the whole mindset of "I feel I've been wronged so I'm going to announce it to the world instead of to the person who allegedly wronged me" is the most appropriate way to resolve an issue? I mean come on, we already get enough of this nonsense from the Left.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    How did I get here?

please lock this thread

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SigWig View Post
    How did I get here?

please lock this thread
    Vendors rarely ever lock a thread unless it slags them; in the case of Epps well you all know their rep...
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

And that's about enough of that. We've all had our say. Let's move on, shall we?
    Due to the current health situation, our store is closed to walk-in traffic. We are allowing pick-ups of pre-paid orders from our front door from 10.00 AM until 4.00 PM from Tuesdays through Sundays only.

Customers are advised to call ahead before attending our store to make certain their orders are ready for pick up.

Please ring the doorbell located there to summon our staff to assist you when you do arrive at our store.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567