Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: STI 1911 and 2011 .22lr Conversion Kits

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pocketfisherman's Avatar
    You are still holding 2 for me correct?
    CSSA member, free thinker, Garand and 1911 nut

Are all 1911 kits you have coming in spoken for?
    I'm from the country and I like it that way - Tracy Byrd

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketfisherman View Post
    You are still holding 2 for me correct?
    Perhaps...I don't really know who you really are, though.
    Aliases confuse me...I have a hard time remembering regular names let alone people's aliases...
    Last edited by Freedom Ventures; 09-29-2008 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonecountry View Post
    Are all 1911 kits you have coming in spoken for?
    Yes, but once they get here (tomorrow) I'll be contacting the list and if I don't hear from people this week to finailize the transaction, what's left will be fair game. I do expect a steady flow of these as time goes on too.

My apologies. The 22 kits came in with 100 guns that have to get sorted out to dealers. I havne't been able to get the notices and invoices out. I should have thinge back on track Monday.

Everyone that had emailed me has received notice of arrival. If you didn't get an email, just drop me a line and order.

CGN Regular
    Got mine a few days ago and was able to get it out to the range. I'm really pleased with it. It consumed Winchester High Velocity without any problems at all and accuracy seems really good. I was shooting off-hand and getting 7 ring or better at 25 yards once I had it sighted in. I'm not the greatest shooter and I expect a better shooter would be nailing the 10 ring with this pretty consistently but I'm shooting better with this than I am with my High Standard!

I tried a few other types of ammo in it, Winchester Target (worked), Power Point (slide wouldn't lock back on empty), Velocitor (slide wouldn't lock back on empty), Blazer (slide wouldn't lock back on empty and had a couple stove pipes). I should note that the ammo the slide wasn't locking back on isn't recomended for the conversion. It was a bonus that Winchester Target worked but I'm going to stick with the High Velocity as thats what the manual recomends and I want a little bit more recoil for training purposes. For me this unit is meant for training with my 1911 not for bulleye shooting.

One note, I wasn't able to get to the range for a couple days so I was "forced" to lubricate it with the supplied oil and let it soak for a couple nights. I'm pretty sure that helped with the success because they ship dry.

By the way, mine is mounted on a Colt Special Combat Government and by the design of the STI conversion I don't see why it shouldn't function just as well on any standard frame 1911 because it is a self contained unit.

Cheers
    Last edited by mdragon9; 10-19-2008 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdragon9 View Post
    One note, I wasn't able to get to the range for a couple days so I was "forced" to lubricate it with the supplied oil and let it soak for a couple nights. I'm pretty sure that helped with the success because they ship dry.
    Glad it's working well for you.

I sometimes wish every gun would come with oil and a note that says "use a lot" - too many times I see folks that just aren't lubricating the moving parts enough.

2011 kits ever make it?

Would this work on a STI Targetmaster? It has the full underlug so I am curious since the guide rod comes out and is replaced by the kit?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast