Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legal version of Dragunov sniper rifle

BANNED

Legal version of Dragunov sniper rifle

Is there a legal version of Dragunov sniper rifle.
    If so how much is it?

BANNED
    Nope. They're all evil. Have been since 1995.

BANNED
    no legal version of it like the aks :<

there may not be a legal version, but i have seen a pretty good replica of it at the pickering gun show, just scaled down a little bit but look exactly the same, and had the scope to go with it. cant remeber the price on it tho. was over a year ago.

BANNED
    They're called the Norinco SVD I believe and they come in 7.62x54r or .308 commercial. They haven't been available to purchase here since 1995 I think. You can get a Dragunov stock for your SKS through marstar if they're still in stock I think.

EDIT: I know this because it was the first gun I wanted to purchase when I got my PAL, and I was really disappointed. I'm going to get a Remington 700 VTR .308 instead, you should check them out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mardig88's Avatar
    liberal government + MPs high on controlled substances = no dragunovs for the public
    Si vis pacem, Para Bellum

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    A Chinese Type 56 carbine in a Choate Dragunov stock and mounted with the Choate flash suppressor will fool 90% of the people out there.

BANNED
    Wendell, do you know how to get one of those?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is Choate not registered?

SKS Dragunov Stock

* SKU #:159-040-100
    * Mfr:CHOATE
    * Retail Price:$95.00

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=10052/pid=4199/sku/SKS_Dragunov_Stock
    stock
    http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page.cfm?queries_index=index10&ProductCode =22&ProductSubCodeID=157&NewProduct=0

compensator
    http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?recordno=1&Product_Catalog ID=2717&ProductNumber=18%2D07%2D02&ProductCode=22& ProductSubCodeID=159&NewProduct=0

scope mount
    http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?recordno=9&Product_Catalog ID=2718&ProductNumber=18%2D08%2D02&ProductCode=22& ProductSubCodeID=160&NewProduct=0

(The stock link doesn't work. I don't know why. )

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chise View Post
    They're called the Norinco SVD I believe and they come in 7.62x54r or .308 commercial. They haven't been available to purchase here since 1995 I think. You can get a Dragunov stock for your SKS through marstar if they're still in stock I think.

EDIT: I know this because it was the first gun I wanted to purchase when I got my PAL, and I was really disappointed. I'm going to get a Remington 700 VTR .308 instead, you should check them out.
    Nope. The Chinese had a version of the Dragunov; this is true. It was called the NDM-86. It like any and all "Dragunov" variants is prohibited and they all went prohib at the same time.

The only true non-restricted "Dragunov looking" rifle would be the Valmet M78/83S in 7.62NATO. It is a far more accurate rifle being a Valmet and has a much heavier barrel. I have both and speak from personal experience.
    Rust Never Sleeps

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast