SKS receiver cover w/rail=garbage

Goozyman

BANNED
Regular
BANNED
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379824

Marstar part # is NcS-MTSKS

Avoid like the plague.
I wasted an afternoon, the cost of the part + shipping + about 30 bucks in dremel bits trying to get this thing to accomodate a Russian bolt. It had metal bulges and bubbles that needed to be grinded down on the INSIDE REAR of the mount.
Thing still doesnt fit..

Last edited:
NC Star made this for ALL SKS rifles, but not all SKSs were made equal, I had no issue mount this part on my Russia SKS ( I think the Russia ones were better machined), I had alot issue with it when I attempted to install it on my CHINESE SKS, it fits but the bolt cover pin refuse to go into the mount, I had to drill the hole on the mount a bit bigger and hammer the pin in, after 100 rounds at the range, the pin was easily in and out now. IMO, it is an hit and miss product, if it fits, it is great. If it doesn't, then it is an headach.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379824

Marstar part # is NcS-MTSKS

Avoid like the plague.
I wasted an afternoon, the cost of the part + shipping + about 30 bucks in dremel bits trying to get this thing to accomodate a Russian bolt. It had metal bulges and bubbles that needed to be grinded down on the INSIDE REAR of the mount.
Thing still doesnt fit..

If you had done a little research you would have found that the receiver and gas tube scope mounts as you put it are junk. It may look good hanging on the wall or laying on the table at the range but thats about it. The plain fact is they do not fit without modification and they do not hold a consistant ZERO. I would not blame Marstar, they are supplying a product that people want even though it is not the best product. If you want a mount that really works well check out SCOUTMOUNT..$59.00usd and CHOATE mount...$35.00usd

If you had done a little research you would have found that the receiver and gas tube scope mounts as you put it are junk. It may look good hanging on the wall or laying on the table at the range but thats about it. The plain fact is they do not fit without modification and they do not hold a consistant ZERO. I would not blame Marstar, they are supplying a product that people want even though it is not the best product. If you want a mount that really works well check out SCOUTMOUNT..$59.00usd and CHOATE mount...$35.00usd

if you did YOUR research [and thread reading] you would have realised my complaint had SFA to do with keeping a zero, it had to do with the bolt jamming in the receiver.
Apples and Oranges.
The plain fact is.
Read before posting.

if you did YOUR research [and thread reading] you would have realized ....

That receiver covers are not ideal for mounting a scope onto a SKS. There are probably 50 threads in the Red Rifles section with complaint about these types of covers.

Marstar doesn't brand any of the products they sell, just the photos of them. If the part numbers start with "LP" it's a Leapers, if it starts "NcS" its made by NCStar ... and with NCStar. You get what you pay for.

Goozyman, ditch the dremel and get a real grinder. A good bosch 1/4" with a real burr will make quick work of any offending steel in your bolt's way. Sounds like you havent ground enough material away yet. Your cover just needs more work. If man made it (especially out of steel) man can mod it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom