Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rorke's Drift - Zulu

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Riflechair's Avatar
    [youtube]1csr0dxalpI[/youtube]
    Maple Leaf Up!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer savagefan's Avatar
    Zulu was the first movie my Dad took us to, I was 8 or 9 at the time. I thought "Hooker" was the coolest. Thanx for posting Mr. Wolverine, you made me think of the ol' man, he's been gone awhile.
    Former Ford Fan

Yep. Thanks John. I take it you visited there. Great pics and write-up. I have the movie on tape and DVD and watch it at least once a year.
    Have you or anyone seen "Zulu Dawn" with Burt Lancaster? It is a great prequel to "Zulu" about the massacre of the main British column the day before Rorke's Drift and I like to watch them in order of the realtime chronology.
    Yeah. I'm a Historical Film nut as well as a GunNut!
    There is no such thing as "too many Model 70's". (Me: circa 2010)

Member: NFA; CSSA; NRA; Man.Wildlife Fed., CPC; Delta Waterfowl

Zuluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

I have enjoyed this movie many many times. A great introduction to my favorite actor, though I actually saw him first in Ipcress File. I have seen Chaka Zulu, but not Zulu Dawn, so it's off to the library for me, I guess.
    All machinery is built with at least one screw or bolt more than is necessary to successfully reassemble and operate. I have a large collection of such fasteners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Yep. Thanks John. I take it you visited there. Great pics and write-up. I have the movie on tape and DVD and watch it at least once a year.
    Have you or anyone seen "Zulu Dawn" with Burt Lancaster? It is a great prequel to "Zulu" about the massacre of the main British column the day before Rorke's Drift and I like to watch them in order of the realtime chronology.
    I'm not the only one! :D

Even though I'm a young nut, I love all of the old Historical films.
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Yes, I do the same. Check down this page for Isandlwana and Melvill & Coghill, if you havn't already done so. More history for you.

Very cool.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

rurkes drift

Cannot wait to get there 24 days and counting, staying at fugatives drift lodge splurging on myself for a few days after the hunt, and am having my tours over a two day period have hired the services of a guide from the david rattray foundation any souveniers I should be looking for other than a bag of dirt?

Ask about the "craft shop" at Rorkes Drift, I have a rug in front of my desk that came from there. It is a small shop behind the museum with localy made products. I leave for Africa in two days, the waiting to leave gets worse the more times you do it!

So jealous, I must have seen Zulu several dozen times since infancy!
    CCFR Mbr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast