Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Gun Club Experience

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    Geezuz. Stop whining.

The caretaker gave you the stinkeye - you poor ittle thing. did you cry?
    The mean people at the gun club aren't accepting new members - try counselling.

Gosh man(?). The rest of the world ain't responsible for your happiness, thats just what your mommy made you think. If you spent half as long looking for another gun club as you did crying on that first post you might accomplish something. The world doesn't owe you a freaking thing, sonny.
    This attitude stops growth of gun friendly voters and expensive club upgrades. If an attitude or treatment wouldn't be approved in a normal social situation or customer service interaction it is not acceptable at a gun club. My mother would never let me treat anyone like that when I was a kid, would yours? What has changed now?
    Semper Fi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If I have a bad experience customer service wise I take my money elsewhere. Not my responsibility to fix someone else's show. Over time it works; my local outdoors/gunshop reorganized and turfed a crappy employee and now I spend money there.
    Semper Fi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    I feel thankful I am in Alberta
    |CCFR|

CGN Regular
    So is the PCDHFC the preferred range in lower mainland? I'd like to take a look at Abbotsford but I'm not sure how long the waitlist is

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    This attitude stops growth of gun friendly voters and expensive club upgrades. If an attitude or treatment wouldn't be approved in a normal social situation or customer service interaction it is not acceptable at a gun club. My mother would never let me treat anyone like that when I was a kid, would yours? What has changed now?
    yep! What an a$$hole!

CGN Regular
    Well I put my name on the waitlist at Abbotsford. Hopefully I'll get an email next year, in the meantime I'll try to do a drop-in at Poco this weekend...assuming my registration certificates arrive....how long does it usually take to receive them? I got my LTATT and transfer papers on Monday in the mail

Poco is nice. The ROs and staff are mostly civilized and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by pats View Post
    were all here to shoot so why fight about it. we all like doing the SAME THING
    so why fight about it.

Because this is CGN.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    Totally agree with this. One of the clubs I'm a member at in BC leaves a lot on the table to this. They have no real kind of formal procedure or processes and if you can't figure out their convoluted expectations and informal procedures you draw the ire of all those around. If you happen across the right group of guys they will happily show you the ropes and it's great,but it's definitely hit or miss. I see a number of new shooters come, get a luke warm reception and then never come back. Doesn't seem to be any desire for change though...

People can cry that people are feeling entitled for expecting someone to try and make them feel welcome, but to a certain running a club is a service industry. Treating people with a cold shoulder till they are considered "one of the guys " is just rude, but for some reason seems to pervade shooting sports more than others.

I second semiamhoo. I used two go there every week to shoot .22 rifles.
    Great easygoing people and lot of old and young, experienced and green.

Give them a try for sure.
    Last edited by Nathanl2.0; 11-07-2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Posted after reading page two and didnt realize this whole thread was at war. My apologies for not bringin gasoline...