Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Gun Club Experience

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I am wondering if the OP is still around and shooting?
    I find that LML gun clubs are committing collective suicide.
    There isn't one, that's doing a good job of attracting new members, keeping them interested.
    Half of them are in danger of being shut down due to noise complaints and the other ones seem to be retirement clubs.
    Abbotsford Fish & Game is an awesome club. They routinely have a waiting list for new members.....
    Current memberships: CPC, CSSA, CCFR, NRA, BCWF

Wow. Well I just signed up for mission rod and gun club, orientations are booked up until the end of February. Hope it's as good as I've heard. I'm excited

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmpell View Post
    Wow. Well I just signed up for mission rod and gun club, orientations are booked up until the end of February. Hope it's as good as I've heard. I'm excited
    Jmpell I am on the wait list. Sounds like May before I hear anything. I understand it is a great club.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar

Now that is posted, I can tell you that Chilliwack hasn't capped Membership (YET...), has a nice 230m range, 5 limited distance bays, archery, active IDPA, Tac Rifle, Speed Steel and Trap Sections.

New members are welcome and will have lots of fun provided they are responsible and mature. No range Nazis, but users are expected to CLEAN UP after themselves. Not terribly expensive either.

CGN Regular
    Heading out to Eagle Lake (ELGC) Ont. tomorrow for orientation/safety course.
    Have heard only good mention of this club from anyone I've talked to, so am very grateful for the opportunity to become a member.
    Another nearby (<5 minute drive) club has 45 day wait period before they will even look at an application for membership. Also considerably more $$$, and have heard from several people (former members) that it is not a newbie friendly environment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingko View Post
    Heading out to Eagle Lake (ELGC) Ont. tomorrow for orientation/safety course.
    Have heard only good mention of this club from anyone I've talked to, so am very grateful for the opportunity to become a member.
    Another nearby (<5 minute drive) club has 45 day wait period before they will even look at an application for membership. Also considerably more $$$, and have heard from several people (former members) that it is not a newbie friendly environment.
    You will be fine.....
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

CGN Regular
    Well ya, I reckon the experience is gonna be immeasurably more fun than a visit to a dentist.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    My range is great. Simple rules, don't be a d##k and follow provincial rules and regulations. We have a pistol range rifle range and a area for skeet. 60 dollars a year you get a key to the gate and no visitors fee. Sometimes the RCMP will sit at the end of the range road and give you the stink eye but never seem to bother people.
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by willy1 View Post
    Abbotsford Fish & Game is an awesome club. They routinely have a waiting list for new members.....
    willy1 is Abby taking any new memberships?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash54000 View Post
    willy1 is Abby taking any new memberships?
    Wait list is always available. I got mine within 6 months, which I will not be renewing this year as I'm going back east for next couple years.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston