Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Gun Club Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Crash54000 View Post
    willy1 is Abby taking any new memberships?
    I'm on the waiting list for Abbotsford Fish & Game. I really hope I can get in there.
    Nobody who is still scared of the unknown around every corner is truly free. True freedom is using my firearm for sustenance and enjoyment. Stay strong, stay free #Nofear

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jadebeer View Post
    I'm on the waiting list for Abbotsford Fish & Game. I really hope I can get in there.
    You hear anything Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash54000 View Post
    You hear anything Yet?
    I checked back on May 1st and was told that their timeline hadn't changed and should expect to get an email from June 1st onwards. I hope it's June 1st and not onwards. All this waiting for every part of the journey is becoming really exhausting.
    Nobody who is still scared of the unknown around every corner is truly free. True freedom is using my firearm for sustenance and enjoyment. Stay strong, stay free #Nofear

CGN Regular
    I checked back on May 1st and was told that their timeline hadn't changed and should expect to get an email from June 1st onwards. I hope it's June 1st and not onwards. All this waiting for every part of the journey is becoming really exhausting.
    You are right, there is a lot of waiting involved.

Still waiting on my pal/rpal to go through but I have to say Abby fish and game is a nice range. I've gone several times with friends 3 of them are members and it has always been a fun time. They had an open day last year and I got a chance to shoot some interesting stuff I would never own (like a 50ae desert eagle). Most guys I've met there are more then willing to talk shop or even let a newbie like me try a few rounds out of their stuff. I'm not planning on applying for a membership this year since I will probably only shoot with friends anyway and the drop in with a member is only $10. I will likely end up a member of the Swiss range since most of my uncles and my dad are members there and its a great looking club.

Just came back from The Range Langley. First time I shot my new Shadow. So cool to walk in with your PAL and own equipment. Unreal. Man I want to take my wife to the range but drop in fees will add up quickly. Even more important to me a member of a local range now.

Its an excellent range! Definitely worth the wait, only downside for some would be that the range taps out at 100M.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lector View Post
    Try Mission if you are ok with "one round at a time". Excellent facilities.
    Try Abby. Try Maple Ridge (TM).
    not sure about indoor winters, though.
    (If you were not married I would have suggested you to
    marry a pure bred Swiss woman,
    that way you could get in the Swiss Club -
    - arguably the best club, but not open to everybody).
    Purebred Swiss Woman WTF? Do members have to steal gold and paintings from refugees and DPs as well.
    “One ought to be just before one is generous.” —Churchill 1947

Oh and guys FYI, according to Mission's websites FAQ for rifle range, semi auto rapid fire IS allowed, as long as you hit the berm behind the target. but mags still limited to 5 rounds for centerfire 10 for 22.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

Deleted to keep my identity a secret
    Last edited by Label; 06-14-2017 at 09:54 PM.