Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: US concealed carry.

What kind of liability insurance do you carry when you are packing down south? You know that both the defending and prosecuting lawyers will try to squeeze every cent out of you, should you have to use your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbore View Post
    I think you mean OPP or local police. There is no local RCMP in Ontario, which is where the original poster is from.
    Wildbore

I live in Ontario and I got my back ground check from the RCMP in my city. There are offices throughout the province, it's just the RCMP are not the provincial law enforcement agency.
    Last edited by clk; 10-12-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    By U.S. Federal law, as a non-immigrant alien, you cannot be in possession of a firearm or ammo, unless you're there to hunt or attend a match.
    That statement is just so wrong.
    Canadian gun owners are their own worst enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury0_0 View Post
    I didn't send in a criminal record check. I'm pretty sure the US will do their own check. What I did do though, was walk into the local RCMP detachment and ask them to fingerprint me. That raised a few eyebrows I'll tell you.:D They didn't want to do it unless I told what it was for. When I told them is was for a CCW permit they said "What the hell do you need with one of those?!?!" I said "because I can't carry a gun in the States without one!!" Duh!! After a few minutes of scratching their heads they finally relented and fingerprinted me. I sent the prints along with a drivers abstract, birth certificate, the forms Maine wants you to fill out, and of course a money order. The money order was drawn from a Canadian bank in US funds. Three months later to the day I had the permit in my hands. I photocopied my Maine permit and sent it along with some more money and the NH forms and a few weeks later received my NH permit. Dead easy.
    Mercuryo,
    Did you send them proof of firearms training, and if so was it your RPAL certification?

Quote Originally Posted by t76turbo View Post
    Mercuryo,
    Did you send them proof of firearms training, and if so was it your RPAL certification?
    Yep, you're right, I sent them my R/PAL. I forgot to add that in my longwinded thread.:D
    "Isn't carrying that gun around uncomfortable?"

"Carrying a gun is not supposed to be comfortable, it's supposed to be comforting."

Have been doing some research but cant really find a answer tried useing the search and nothing is coming up found this threw oogle does anyone have a concealed carry in the states

CGN Regular
    Wow, old thread. I wonder if that stuff about Maine and NH is still current.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    Last I checked (two years back), Maine had stopped issuing to Non Resident Aliens. Utah was another popular one, but closed off as well, I while back. Arizona recently passed new, better CCW laws, but still not applicable unless you're down there for a long time.

I'd like to hear from others who are paying more attention - my data may be out of date - I'd like to get a permit for the states I putter around in...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sulisa View Post
    Last I checked (two years back), Maine had stopped issuing to Non Resident Aliens. Utah was another popular one, but closed off as well, I while back. Arizona recently passed new, better CCW laws, but still not applicable unless you're down there for a long time.

I'd like to hear from others who are paying more attention - my data may be out of date - I'd like to get a permit for the states I putter around in...
    I was under the same impression...maybe things have changed? Onagoth did mention he called down. I am going to give them a call as well.

Here is a link to non-resident CCW application. Not sure if Non-US citizens are eligible, but it looks like we may be...?

http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/license...%20package.pdf
    Remember the Alamo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast