Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: US concealed carry.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    Here is the booklet - it specifically talks about residents and non-residents. It describes a traditional definition of Resident, but does not apply any definition to "Non-Resident". That in itself is curious, as they don't clarify it as "non-resident alien", or anything like that.

A quick read, what do you think:
    http://maine.gov/dps/msp/licenses/do...%20Booklet.pdf

Edit: The form was changed in June 2013... hmm...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    To my knowledge. .. There are no more States issuing permits to non resident aliens. .. Maine and nh have both stopped
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    To my knowledge. .. There are no more States issuing permits to non resident aliens. .. Maine and nh have both stopped
    Didt you just call down and submit your application?

Edit....looked at the date lol

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    Their literature is not clear on that - would be worth double-checking on seeing as this was last touched on years ago...
    Remember the Alamo

I've spent $60 and a passport photo on things with worse odds

wow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knottybuoy View Post
    Their literature is not clear on that - would be worth double-checking on seeing as this was last touched on years ago...
    This is just what I heard. .. But the app doesn't seem to say that. My Maine permit expired last March and I didn't notice till now. .. gonna try to renew, we will see
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

It's been a while since I read the doc and app (as I say 2 years), and back then, I definitely read it as a no-go... This one's different. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd go looking for an older version, or figure out what paras have been deleted.

Maine will no longer renew. The door is closed unless you are a US legal resident or citizen. If you mail it in they'll mail you a rejection letter along with the money order in probably 3-4 months. They stopped issuing new permits around the end of 2009 and stopped grandfathered renewals sometime around 2012.

CGN Regular
    Sadly I must tell you all that Maine will no longer issue to Non-Resident Aliens living outside The U.S.. Had a long conversation with Sgt. in charge regarding an audit that was done by the State Attorney General. They deemed that the law does not allow for the above. So unless you have a green card, or can prove residence in another state, you will not get renewed. Had mine for almost 20 years and renewal was rejected.

P.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast