Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: US concealed carry.

US concealed carry.

I hace read in some of the forums that some members have a concealed carry permit for some States. Does anyone know what states we can get this permit for and how to apply?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    I sent in my app recently for Maine CCW, will let you know in about 2 months if I get it.

http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/license...%20package.pdf

Also surf on over to www.canadacarry.org

They have tons of reference material on what to submit with your application

Getting a Maine permit enables you to apply for New Hampshire, I think these 2 together open up a quite a few states you can carry in vis a vie reciprocity agreements.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Thanks Onagoth I'll get started right away. It would be nice to get a carry permit in all the states on the way south to and including Florida. That would make me and the wife feel a lot more secure. Actually instead of starting right away I'll wait and see how you get on.
    CSSA. NFA.NRA.

It's Gods job to forgive terrorists, it's ours to arrange the meeting.

BANNED
    By U.S. Federal law, as a non-immigrant alien, you cannot be in possession of a firearm or ammo, unless you're there to hunt or attend a match.

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    By U.S. Federal law, as a non-immigrant alien, you cannot be in possession of a firearm or ammo, unless you're there to hunt or attend a match.
    And thats why you carry a hunting permit with you. That is enough to satisfy federal law, then all you have to do is follow state law with regards to CCW.
    CPC, CSSA

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. — John Stuart Mill

I've got both the Maine and NH CCW permits. Straight forward and simple.
    "Isn't carrying that gun around uncomfortable?"

"Carrying a gun is not supposed to be comfortable, it's supposed to be comforting."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CeeZer's Avatar
    You'll need to send in Criminal Record Check (get it from local RCMP); Driver's Abstract and money order bought from US PO for Maine's... They woudn't accept MO from Canadian source even if it's in US$.
    There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeZer View Post
    You'll need to send in Criminal Record Check (get it from local RCMP); Driver's Abstract and money order bought from US PO for Maine's... They woudn't accept MO from Canadian source even if it's in US$.
    I think you mean OPP or local police. There is no local RCMP in Ontario, which is where the original poster is from.
    CPC, CSSA

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. — John Stuart Mill

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeZer View Post
    My phone call with the person from the Maine State Police-Gaming and Weapons Division said otherwise.

I asked her if an out of state (specified Canadian) USD money order would be acceptable, to which she replied yes.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

I didn't send in a criminal record check. I'm pretty sure the US will do their own check. What I did do though, was walk into the local RCMP detachment and ask them to fingerprint me. That raised a few eyebrows I'll tell you.:D They didn't want to do it unless I told what it was for. When I told them is was for a CCW permit they said "What the hell do you need with one of those?!?!" I said "because I can't carry a gun in the States without one!!" Duh!! After a few minutes of scratching their heads they finally relented and fingerprinted me. I sent the prints along with a drivers abstract, birth certificate, the forms Maine wants you to fill out, and of course a money order. The money order was drawn from a Canadian bank in US funds. Three months later to the day I had the permit in my hands. I photocopied my Maine permit and sent it along with some more money and the NH forms and a few weeks later received my NH permit. Dead easy.
    "Isn't carrying that gun around uncomfortable?"

"Carrying a gun is not supposed to be comfortable, it's supposed to be comforting."

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast