Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: US concealed carry.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    I figured as much...though I never looked into it
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    Ah, that's too bad... Well, let's revisit it in another couple years, and see if anything's changed

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sulisa View Post
    Ah, that's too bad... Well, let's revisit it in another couple years, and see if anything's changed
    Sooo I know this is a really old post, ill revive it, it has been couple of years as @sulisa said. Does anyone have any updates?

CGN Regular
    This is just from my own recent reading on the topic, I'm no expert and as this is a serious legal issue please assume I'm totally wrong and start from there.

There have been 2 recent changes in New Hampshire, one is a change to the ccw law and the other a court ruling that applies directly to non-resident licenses.

New Hampshire seems to be going towards no license at all for ccw
    h ttp://nhpr.org/post/nh-senate-passes-concealed-carry-gun-bill

"New Hampshire would join the ranks of Vermont and Maine for permitless concealed carry. This would mean vacationers, tourists, hunters, and residents could travel over half of the geographic area of New England before needing a concealed carry permit."
    h ttp://concealednation.org/2017/01/new-hampshire-permitless-concealed-carry-passes-senate-and-goes-on-to-the-house/

That is for born US citizens I'm sure, a Canadian would still need to apply for the non resident permit but even that's been made easier with the recent Court decison,
    ***UPDATE 10/25/16*** Please be advised that due to the New Hampshire Supreme Court opinion Bach v. New Hampshire Department of Safety, ___ N.H. ___ (No. 2014-0721, decided June 2, 2016), Out-of-State Residents applying for a Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License are NOT required to supply the Resident State License Number on Form DSSP 260 and are NOT required to supply either a copy of a valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county, or town in which they reside OR a letter from their local police department, as described in Saf-C 2102.03(c) and on the reverse of Form DSSP 260.

Thats from page that issues the permits, so today it seems you'd send in the non resident pdf form and 100 bucks and await the card.
    h ttps://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr.html

Of course that's only if this actually applies to Canadians, but in the past I've seen threads saying NH was accepting the PAL as a valid "state permit" and as the rules seem to be relaxing they don't seem to want a copy of your PAL anymore. One would have to try and see.

Interestingly, the need to prove you have a locally issued license matters when you try for the hardware rather than the ccw permit
    h ttp://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XII/159/159-8-a.htm

The recognition that the 3 New England states have allowing easy ccw between them may only be for US citizens, a Canadian might be restricted to only NH proper when using the NH permit, I don't know and I would certainly want to be 110% clear on that before I started wandering across the state lines.
    Last edited by ffolkes; 01-25-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Has anyone recently tried for a NH permit?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawpilots View Post
    Has anyone recently tried for a NH permit?
    Yes. And here is my result.

Its easy if you have an RPAL. Download the form, fill it out, send it with a copy of y our RPAL and $100 USD. It took me 2 weeks exactly from start to finish.
    Mike C.
    CCFR Member.
    NRA Member.
    Proud owner of a S&W 500, S&W 460V, and a S&W 629...yes I love my wheelguns.

Sorry new here.... let me get this straight. I as a non resident Canadian can apply for a license in Maine or new Hampshire ? And from what i have read can also permitless cc ? What about in Florida does anyone have experience or info on that state? Would having a license from Maine or new Hampshire aid in getting something in Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by targetsniper View Post
    Sorry new here.... let me get this straight. I as a non resident Canadian can apply for a license in Maine or new Hampshire ? And from what i have read can also permitless cc ? What about in Florida does anyone have experience or info on that state? Would having a license from Maine or new Hampshire aid in getting something in Florida?
    As a non US resident you can get a New Hampshire permit with your RPAL. You can get a FL CCW if you have a house or condo there where there are utility bills in your name. My FL permit just expired. No having a NH non resident license will not help anything in FL. With a non resident license you can't carry in FL either.
    Mike C.
    CCFR Member.
    NRA Member.
    Proud owner of a S&W 500, S&W 460V, and a S&W 629...yes I love my wheelguns.

Just because he's not a citizen doesnt mean he's an alien ):

You're either a 'us person' (citizen, landed immigrant with green card) or a non-immigrant alien (visitor, students visa, temp work visa).
    Those with approved permanent resident cards but not yet naturalized citizens are sometimes called resident aliens.
    These 2 groups have different rights and responsibilities.
    This is a complicated ever changing area of law and I'm not a lawyer so I'm not going to get into it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast