Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sharon Gun Club Memberships?

Sharon Gun Club Memberships?

Hi, I live in the Mount Albert Ontario area which is 2-3 minutes from the Sharon Gun Club but have been told that there are no available memberships unless I can find a current member willing to sell his/her share.

Can anyone put me in touch with someone willing to part with a share in the club?

Also wondering if anyone has any thoughts on putting more money into optics than rifle - specifically I was thinking of getting a Mossberg 100 ATR in .270 and putting a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 on it for deer hunting.

On the Cabelas website that combo could be put together for under $800.

Wander over there any Saturday AM. There is an executive member there from about 10-12, and members who are selling shares usually post on the board in the clubhouse. Pretty good bacon and eggs too

Welcome aboard.
    "We should focus on bad people rather that banned objects." Robert Poole Jr., director of transportation policy at the Reason Foundation

Family portrait:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...postcount=1040

Sisu

Mossberg

Are you set on buying new? If not, let me know. I have a Mossberg 100 atr just sitting here that I'd let go for a good deal. Maybe has 2 boxes put through it.

Like MJL said, if you go in on saturday mornings there is and exec there. There is also listings posted on the wall of people selling there shares, but if there is none posted you can talk to an exec and they may be able to help you, I believe they were doing a buy back program from shareholders that no longer held memberships but not sure if they still have any or if they've all been sold off. Its a great club though and if you get in i;m sure you'll be happy with it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingr View Post
    Like MJL said, if you go in on saturday mornings there is and exec there. There is also listings posted on the wall of people selling there shares, but if there is none posted you can talk to an exec and they may be able to help you, I believe they were doing a buy back program from shareholders that no longer held memberships but not sure if they still have any or if they've all been sold off. Its a great club though and if you get in i;m sure you'll be happy with it.
    It's in the best interest of the club and the sport to try and get idle shares into the hands of people who will be paying dues and helping build a better club.

That being said, a share is a share, and it represents an investment and committment. There are folks with multiple shares who will hold on to them until kingdom come.

If we reach a point where the membership is alive, active, and stiffled only because of a lack of shares, there is already an option available to the club and shareholders.

You don't actually need to own a share to be a member. You just need to have the use of a share. When I first joined, I borrowed a share for a year until I could buy my own.

The club has contacted holders of idle and multiple shares to see if they would be willing to sell any back to the club. There's no reason why they couldn't also enquire if they might be willing to allow the loan of an unused share.

Next Saturday

I'll definitely go there next Saturday - I had called last Saturday but the person I spoke to didn't mention anything about available shares being posted in the club. She said the best way to find a share in order to pursue a membership was by posting here on Gunnutz.

It was a busy day (a crime for a Saturday) so I gave it a pass.

Operator79 - I had originally been considering only purchasing new but the guys who've invited me hunting (including my father-in-law which explains my userid) say they have a large selection of firearms already. They're suggesting I wait until I've tried several of theirs before making a decision (and possibly taking one of theirs off their hands).

Why is your Mossberg sitting unused? Were you unhappy with it?

Any thoughts on the Leupold?

BANNED
    A Sharon share runs $1,000 last I heard. Lot of money for a gun club membership.
    "...originally been considering only purchasing new..." Don't discount byuing used. It takes a great deal of abuse to damage a modern hunting rifle.
    "...thoughts on the Leupold?..." It'll do nicely. Shooter's Choice in Waterloo wants $495 for one. They keep the 'matte' duplex reticle in stock. Don't forget to figure the rings, bases and installation into your budget. Standard 1" rings run $35.95. Bases run $28.95. SC isn't listing Leupold bases for a Mossberg though. Not a big deal. Any good base will do. You don't have to use Leupold bases or rings.

1000.00 bucks and worth every penny. IMHO

Access to Equipment Exchange?

Do you need to request access to see the Equipment Exchange forums?

Currently when I try to open one if says there are no posts/threads.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast