Np-29

Any disadvantage to getting a NP28 as compared to the NP29? I really wanted a 1911 in 9mm but am concerned about aftermarket parts for the NP28 as in grips, replacement trigger and the like.

Yeah... besides the proprietary Norinco magazines and the trigger....

Oh, and being quite hard to sell afterward. There's a reason they are one of the few (the only?) model *always* in stock.

DOMYALEX;
"There's a reason they are one of the few (the only?) model *always* in stock. "
Here we go again with an "informed" opinion....

How did you arrive at this conclusion ? If you took a moment to look at our site you will note that we have been sold out for months....It is a very popular pistol.

I would ask you to at least inform yourself before making such wild and innaccurate statements
John

Any disadvantage to getting a NP28 as compared to the NP29? I really wanted a 1911 in 9mm but am concerned about aftermarket parts for the NP28 as in grips, replacement trigger and the like.
I believe that bersa mags are supposed to fit with little or no modification on the NP-28. I like a longer trigger so, for aftermarket, i use the wilson 1911 one with the shoe held on with a pair of pins and then swap out the stirrup (destroying the norc shoe in the process.) Caspian beavertail safety fits with a bit of filing on the tabs that fill the slot for the trigger stirup. Both the slide stop and thumb safety are different to accomodate the relocated plunger tube. If you want to change the slide stop, I suspect that buying an aftermarket version with the extension would be the way to go... ...you would just need to file off the extension part so that you are left with a wider contact patch for the plunger contact face. John has some decent bits on the premium 1911 page for the rest... ...I like the COL-607 hammer that resembles a koenig hammer.
R

DOMYALEX;
"There's a reason they are one of the few (the only?) model *always* in stock. "
Here we go again with an "informed" opinion....

How did you arrive at this conclusion ? If you took a moment to look at our site you will note that we have been sold out for months....It is a very popular pistol.

I would ask you to at least inform yourself before making such wild and innaccurate statements
John

You mean this one?
http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/1911A1-NP-28.shtm
NP-28 Norinco 'High Cap. 9mm' 9x19mm 10 rds. 127mm Blued In Stock $369.00

PERHAPS I did not understand correctly, on one hand we are discussing the NP-28 then the NP-29.... Was I wrong in assuming the subject was still NP-29 ??

Of course the NP-28 sell a lot less than others, the vast majority of 1911a1 type pistols buyers purchase a .45 cal not 9mm, I would say as high as 95%.
John

PERHAPS I did not understand correctly, on one hand we are discussing the NP-28 then the NP-29.... Was I wrong in assuming the subject was still NP-29 ??

Of course the NP-28 sell a lot less than others, the vast majority of 1911a1 type pistols buyers purchase a .45 cal not 9mm, I would say as high as 95%.
John

Yep, talking about the NP-28 specifically.

I know the NP-29 sells like hot cakes (heck, I was praying for one), but the NP-28 doesn't seem to be as popular.

Talked to a few people and it makes more sense waiting till the NP-29 is back in stock. More to do with smaller hands than anything.

Back
Top Bottom