Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Islington Sportsmen's Club

The membership cap was raised to 400 a couple of years ago, there are about 80 on the waiting list, with 30-40 new members getting in each year. You still need to be sponsored to get in.
    “Gun control is the only kind of policy that we have where the proponents of it will point to it's utter failure as evidence that we need even more of it!" - JNG

Wow....so basically, about two year wait?

Quote Originally Posted by kooner101 View Post
    Unfortunately not entirely uncommon these days. The majority of ranges in Ontario have large waiting lists.

Quote Originally Posted by kooner101 View Post
    I'm a member, It's a great place. You can also fish in the stocked pond, hit the archery range as well as its 3-d course. its at least 5 year wait now as there are 120 on the waiting list and yes you need to be sponsored by an existing member to even get on it. If you know a member you can go as a guest with them and if you want to go regularly you can pay a deposit fee of $500 which is refundable.
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Hi, Is this club open only on Sunday and Wednesday?
    Member of SFC, CCFR and CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer OneBarfly's Avatar
    My Livingroom Office: Ont - Marshes of the east
    edit

Quote Originally Posted by avtarnanrey View Post
    Hi, Is this club open only on Sunday and Wednesday?
    . “The hill” which has trap, skeet and 5 stand is Wednesday’s and Sundays as well as holidays. Everything else is 7 days a week
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

I live in Caledon, about 10 min away from the club. Would be nice to be a member there. Anybody here a member that might want to Sponser me ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LawrenceN's Avatar
    Not sure what their policy is right now and I could be wrong but I would look for BARRIE or BORDEN or ORRILIA or shoot in my mother-in -law's basement before try there[/I][/B][/QUOTE]
    I'd stay far away from Orillia! Lots of fudds and very clique-ish. Oddly hypocritical about "the rules" since if you're one of the "in" crowd, you can bend the rules no problem. If you're on probation, or one of the old guard have taken a dislike to you (for whatever reason) they'll nit pick you to death about "the rules". I had a friend kicked out of the club over piddly BS.

So basically Let's &uck ourselves over , there are not enough Feds and Provincial rules and regs to do that . My club moved away from this idiocy by changing the BOD . Go to some meetings , state your case , run for election , volunteer , put something into the Club organization other than bitching and whining ! Might work !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast