Thread: CanAm, why the 50% price jump on the MARS sight upgrade?

BANNED

CanAm, why the 50% price jump on the MARS sight upgrade?

The sight upgrade used to be $1000 (over and above price of included M21), now it's $1500?? what is going on here?

http://www.canadaammo.com/product.php?productid=37

The MARS sights are availbile to US customers for $950, I see no reason for this massive price jump, especially considering that you are already paying for the price of a M21 in the total.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Airborn_69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.65 Para View Post
    The sight upgrade used to be $1000 (over and above price of included M21), now it's $1500?? what is going on here?

http://www.canadaammo.com/product.php?productid=37

The MARS sights are availbile to US customers for $950, I see no reason for this massive price jump, especially considering that you are already paying for the price of a M21 in the total.
    I did see in past posts that they are discontinuing the MARS & going ahead with the MOR sight (Similar but I suspect an improvement).

This could be an answer but I'm sure there's more to this story than meets the eye!
    Ex NFA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt-roc View Post
    i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    We used to offer the MARS as an upgrade to the M21 (no M21, you end up with just the MARS), IWI no longer installs the MARS at the factory, so we must buy direct and sell it on (you end up with both sights), hence the change. So, not really a price increase, but a change in the way the MARS is sold. Frankly, we will likely do away with the MARS altogether, and switch to the MOR, as IWI has.

MOR sight?

Quote Originally Posted by omegaboost View Post
    MOR sight?
    Google beith thine friend:

http://www.meprolight.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    We used to offer the MARS as an upgrade to the M21 (no M21, you end up with just the MARS), IWI no longer installs the MARS at the factory, so we must buy direct and sell it on (you end up with both sights), hence the change. So, not really a price increase, but a change in the way the MARS is sold. Frankly, we will likely do away with the MARS altogether, and switch to the MOR, as IWI has.
    I guess the confusion comes from your web page saying
    Please Note: This price is the upgrade price over the cost of the M21 when ordering a Tavor rifle. If you order this you will not receive the Meprolite M21 site, only the MARS.
    vs getting both sights.

Quote Originally Posted by furet View Post
    I guess the confusion comes from your web page saying
    vs getting both sights.
    Yes, that is a typo. Now corrected.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Is the MARs sight installed with the integral Tavor mount (to lie flush with the receiver) or just a picatinny mount and a picatinny adapter?

fully integrated mount.