Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5151718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - ISSC MSR MK22 - SCAR 16 look-alike .22 LR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If the real SCAR is listed as prohibited, then there is a great possibility that this will also be labled as such (just because of looks)

The ISSC MK22 has the same box action as the GSG-5
    This post is an EPIC FAIL.

The original SCAR is not prohibited. The US refuses to allow it to be exported to us. Big difference.
    *None of the foregoing constitutes legal advice particular to your situation, if you are seeking a legal opinion please retain counsel.

Neither here nor there, entre quelque part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Morrison View Post
    This post is an EPIC FAIL.

The original SCAR is not prohibited. The US refuses to allow it to be exported to us. Big difference.
    ???, I was referring to the unknown classification by the RCMP... I couldn't care less about what the US is allowing for export of not....

CGN Regular
    I believe some store named surplus military i think in saskatchewan (had a 403 area code not sure where that is). Says they are waiting for the .22lr version.

CGN Regular
    surpluscity.ca or com

Official French Facilitator esquif's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buda View Post
    I couldn't care less about what the US is allowing for export of not....
    since the scar in made in the US its kind of important since there is no other source... and the rcmp wont clasified anything if a sample can't be provided..
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic,Gun owner who believes in self determination.

Quote Originally Posted by esquif View Post
    since the scar in made in the US its kind of important since there is no other source... and the rcmp wont clasified anything if a sample can't be provided..
    Questar provided the RCMP with a SCAR last year for review. They are just waiting on the FRT# to be issued so they can ship the few SCAR's that were approved for export by the US State Dept.

I thought the SCAR was made in Belgium

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Magnet View Post
    I thought the SCAR was made in Belgium
    Yes and no. They are made there but not in the configuration you see in the US. Secondly several attempts have been made to get FN in Belgium to ship SCARs here in that configuration but FN Belgium refuses.

Is there any word on when we can expect an FRT on this one. I have been researching this gun for a while and it looks like a nice restricted range gun.

Quote Originally Posted by NewfoundlandLaw View Post
    Is there any word on when we can expect an FRT on this one. I have been researching this gun for a while and it looks like a nice restricted range gun.
    I'm hoping for the FRT to be released soon as well. And there is no reason this rifle should restricted, it should be non-restricted. Though it is possible for it to become prohibited depending on how the RCMP rule on the real SCAR and if this was to fall in as a variant. But in my opinion I can't see any logical reason why the FN SCAR or the MK22 should be ruled as prohib. The SCAR should be restricted due to barrel length and the MK22 should be non-restricted because it is over 26" overall length.

But when did logic ever come into politics.