Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8182021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - ISSC MSR MK22 - SCAR 16 look-alike .22 LR

So no new updates as to when this bad boy will be hitting the North American shelves?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DVXDUDE's Avatar
    I held one today, Pretty sweet. $659 I think it was.
    Jesus was a carpenter....but, his father's an IRONWORKER

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Nearly got on the preorder list today, until I decided to go out to Target Sports and actually hold one.

Very unimpressed with the quality of the stock. It wiggles and shakes and rattles in almost every direction. Low quality part.

Everything else seemed decent, but the crappy stock was a dealbreaker for me.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

I saw one today at canadian tire

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger23 View Post
    So no new updates as to when this bad boy will be hitting the North American shelves?
    You guys thinking about one of these should read through some of the threads about this rifle in the Rimfire section.

Screws come loose...lots of jams, FTF, FTE.

You need to loctite the screws and tighten them up. Then, you find...the screws have stripped out.

Be careful.

I think it's a great looking rifle btw. I just don't like what I've been reading from those who have bought them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cantom View Post
    You guys thinking about one of these should read through some of the threads about this rifle in the Rimfire section.

Screws come loose...lots of jams, FTF, FTE.

You need to loctite the screws and tighten them up. Then, you find...the screws have stripped out.

Be careful.

I think it's a great looking rifle btw. I just don't like what I've been reading from those who have bought them.
    So wait- they're like the XCR of the rimfire world?
    Foxtrot Foxtrot Sierra!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djmay71 View Post
    So wait- they're like the XCR of the rimfire world?
    Worse...

issc mk 22

I hope you guys are not talking about the issc mk 22 because I bought as soon they came in to wolverine desert tan. The gun shoots accurately out of the box I can shoot baby aspirins from 25 yards. Also you get use to the trigger I squeeze the trigger and snap. A little spongy but you get used to it planning to get trigger job. The looks are just like a FN SCAR. I put a magpul forward grip, also I use a vector optics 1-6x/28 ffp aphosis red dot variable scope. 35mm high vector rings and dlask scope riser. With this setup it is for cqb and medium range. The barrel is lothar walther barrel but very thin under the barrel sleeve. I also have one at my home in the US where I imported from Austria the commando barrel where the barrel is shorter than the original. I also put the muzzle adapter where I can put a silencer. For my Canadian issc I ordered a anschutz 18 match target barrel which will be thicker than the stock barrel and more accurate. I will put picture if interested.

My experience from my FDE colour ISSC 22 has been similar. Stellar accuracy, 600 rounds with only one FTE and fun to shoot. I have not used loctite one any screws and they are still nice and tight. The weak part of the rifle is the stock. I managed to break mine where it mounts to the frame by simply hitting it against the shooting bench the last time out. The plastic is brittle and not tolerant to any sort of abuse. I am getting a new stock and I will treat it as motion triggered explosive from no on.
    "Because we, in contrast to the barbarians, never count the number of enemy in battle" Aeschylus 475 BC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    so other than this and the 10/22 "ar15 look alike" do we have any non restricted .22cal "tacticool" guns in Canada?

I want something that field strips nice and simple like a VZ57, AK47, AR15.... no damn tools!!!

reliable too.........

The SR 22 is reliable but a screwdriver to get it apart? Nagh
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.