Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - ISSC MSR MK22 - SCAR 16 look-alike .22 LR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    asmuch as I want it, i still think they will classify it as a prohib. I hope not but only liberals can tell.

keep our fingers crossed.
    Explain on what basis they could classify it as a prohib.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    asmuch as I want it, i still think they will classify it as a prohib. I hope not but only liberals can tell.

keep our fingers crossed.
    stop thinking, you will just hurt yourself

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    WHY WOULD THEY NOT? TAke a lookthe sig 522, yeah I know it is a sig 55x variant. This is still freddy kruger lookin it self.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    This rifle isn't a variant of any named prohib. It is not capable of full automatic fire. So what other basis is there to classify it as prohib? I know the FRT lists the SCAR as prohib but that is because it is capable of full auto not because it is a named prohib.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    WHY WOULD THEY NOT? TAke a lookthe sig 522, yeah I know it is a sig 55x variant. This is still freddy kruger lookin it self.
    and you still don't understand? WTF are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    and you still don't understand? WTF are you on?
    Ok, explain to me then?

THe RCMP classification can be made for any reason they like as they just stretch it to fit like a fat chick wearing spandex, hmmmmm seems to fit so go for it. Lok at the Armi Yager AP 80 and AP74 bud, they have a history of saying too dangerous looking for public consumption.
    Protect our freedoms and fight for our new found rights and the ones we still do not have.

CGN frequent flyer
    Ok, explain to me then?
    Because the SCAR is not on the prohibited list, so there's nothing to 'variant' this rifle to. If they wanted it to be on the list, new legislation would have to be drafted (and passed) to put it on the list. RCMP has the authority to determine what is a variant of a prohibited rifle, but not to put a pattern rifle on the prohibited list. Same thing goes with restricted rifles, which is why things like SAN, CZ 858, and RobArms aren't restricted (except by barrel length), or prohibited...

Quote Originally Posted by Drewz View Post
    THe RCMP classification can be made for any reason they like as they just stretch it to fit like a fat chick wearing spandex, hmmmmm seems to fit so go for it. Lok at the Armi Yager AP 80 and AP74 bud, they have a history of saying too dangerous looking for public consumption.
    And what could stop them from saying prohib to this aswell.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer heavenIsAlie's Avatar
    its a variant of the scar if anything, and the scar isnt a prohib (if the states would export them we could have them). things like the ak-22 and gsg mp5-22 and sig .22 get called prohib because they look like a prohib gun (whether they work like one is generally ignored, much to our disappointment) so with this they cant go "well its prohib because it looks like/imitated a prohib gun" their only option to make it a prohib is "its prohib because we feel like it" which would open them up HUGE to a court case making it even easier for us to set a precedent and use it to get all the other ones i mentioned de-prohib.

do you get it now? (please lord)
    Protect yourself because no one else here will save you