Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - EMA Tactical (ex-CAA) Glock Carbine Kit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar

The two main components in the Hera carbine kit: the GCC and a Glock (the pin and block have been pre-installed).
    The barrel shroud is pre-configured for the shorter Glock 19 (etc.) models. It's easily adjusted for the full-length Glocks
    via two bolts underneath the side rails that hold the barrel shroud in-place.

On the left you can see the new stainless steel pin and the block that replaces the rear sight.
    On the right are the remaining parts: charging handle (2 pieces), front bolt (2 pieces) and 2 c-clips.

Here you can see the aluminium/steel-reinforced interior of the GCC, the rail guides and a close-up of the charging block.

The flared ejection port on the GCC and a side view of the charging handle block (ambidextrous).

A close-up of the stainless steel pin. The Glock slides in and is held in place in the front by two rails on the bottom of the
    stock that align with the rails on the Glock. The pin slides into the u-shaped groove on the left side of the stock.

The pin is punched through a hole on the right side of the stock and held in-place by two c-clips on either side. The
    steel and aluminium charging handle installed on the left - which can also be installed on the right.

The final step involves inserting a bolt through the slot in the Glock rail to firmly secure it to the GCC.

The finished product. This GCC is configured with a standard Glock 17, CAA FGG2 folding front grip, Surefire X200 light,
    Magpul XTM rails, MBUS and an Aimpoint H-1 on LaRue-LT660HK mount (allows cowitness with the BUIS). The sling I
    went with (not pictured here, but you can see it in the first image) is a 2-point tactical detachable from Mako.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Has anyone else received their RONI yet, or am I going to be the first one uploading some photos?

BANNED
    IMHO,
    The KPOS is less complicated to mount a Glock into the stock than with the HERA,
    and the side folder on the KPOS is a big PLUS over the solid stocked HERA.

PLUS,
    the spring loaded bit at the rear that holds the back of the Glock frame up into the KPOS stock, does NOT require any changes to swap out a G19/G23. So now I am regretting selling my latst Gen 3 G23, and replacing it with a G27.

So,
    all this theoretical BS not with standing,
    the proof of the pudding is in the shooting.

What kind of groups will that HERA stocked Glock do at 25 yds??

The last time I tried a plug in stock in my G35, I was disappointed ... the G35 was more accurate at 25 yds OFF HAND, than it was in the stock. More practice is required to confirm the validity of the last test session, but I suspect most of these Glocks will shoot as well or better in the stocks, than they do nekkid.
    But until we do some testing, we simply don't know.

Time for some range tests!!!
    [;{)
    LAZ 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerus2000 View Post
    IMHO,
    The KPOS is less complicated to mount a Glock into the stock than with the HERA, and the side folder on the KPOS is a big PLUS over the solid stocked HERA.
    No argument on the installation, but the side folder is only more advantageous in certain respects (concealment, portability or storage); not everyone prefers a folding over a rigid stock.

PLUS, the spring loaded bit at the rear that holds the back of the Glock frame up into the KPOS stock, does NOT require any changes to swap out a G19/G23. So now I am regretting selling my latst Gen 3 G23, and replacing it with a G27.
    According to the manufacturer the KPOS only works with the Glock G17/G19. What have you all tried in your KPOS?

So, all this theoretical BS not with standing, the proof of the pudding is in the shooting.
    I agree. We should get all three stocks together and do an actual field/range test using the same Glock model.

Good points. And thanks for the pics! Still like the looks of the EMA the most

I know I'm pretty consistant @20 and 50yards with my glock freehand.
    My main objective was to shoot a 9mm carbine out to 50 yards. So that testing is a top project for me.

Btw my logic was that a 9mm AR or CX4 probably would have meant investing in more mags. (the glock AR lower I like) and higher initial cost. Shooting a 9mm at 100y+ wasn't the intent. There are better calibers out there.

So if the conversion kit can manage minute of clay at 50 yards I'm happy. Still waiting for mine to come in.

I have access to a G22 and G34 so I'll report on those also.

Its march are they here yet
    Any news anywhere?

BANNED
    Notice the folding YHM BUIS on the FAB/KPOS.
    The original Glock slide mounted sights ARE visible through the channel under the KPOS rail, but this requires an uncomfortable cheek weld for my fat face,
    AND,
    it is pretty DARK down there, so unless you have night sights, and a skinny cheek,
    I recommend sights up top on the KPOPS rail. this configuration, with the BUOIAS at front and backm and the T1 Clone on a clone A.R.M.S. QR mount, seems like a good set up.

Range testing today, with the KPOS and G35 fired for group @ 25 yds,
    plus all three fired at some SILs,
    and we'll see how they compare on some fast double taps on multiple targets.

I'll be betting on the KPOS to win the fast/close stuff,
    but the proof of the pudding will be in the videos.
    [;{)
    LAZ 1

I got my CAA/EMA RONI today!!
    Should I bask and gloat for a while longer or quit being an
    a** and upload some pictures?

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    I got my CAA/EMA RONI today!!
    Should I bask and gloat for a while longer or quit being an
    a** and upload some pictures?

Upload some pictures... I'm curious if you got one of the new final production versions or if you got sent one of the earlier pre-production versions before they incorporated their most recent changes. The units at the SHOT show for example were NOT production versions.

Mark

How the heck did you get yours before Questar?
    Man i am jealous now
    Any news on the questar ones?