Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4141617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - EMA Tactical (ex-CAA) Glock Carbine Kit

Quote Originally Posted by cbabes View Post
    So has anybody been able to compare all three at the range yet? I hope I did enough research before I bought the Roni. If it is reliable I think it's going to be a lot of fun for 3-gun matches.

I found a cheap G34 barrel. Does anyone think there will be any issues if I put the G34 barrel in my G17 and use this combo with the Roni?

I can compare the HERA and the RONI, its really not even close. I allready sold the Roni...... every advantage goes to HERA except price.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cbabes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    I can compare the HERA and the RONI, its really not even close. I allready sold the Roni...... every advantage goes to HERA except price.
    Ouch! Can you elaborate?

Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of the lambs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    So has anybody been able to compare all three at the range yet? I hope I did enough research before I bought the Roni. If it is reliable I think it's going to be a lot of fun for 3-gun matches.

I found a cheap G34 barrel. Does anyone think there will be any issues if I put the G34 barrel in my G17 and use this combo with the Roni?
    Yeah, see post #209. I think there's a possibility that the barrel shroud on the Roni could interfere with firing (since the Glock action tilts the barrel upwards). Installing and racking it would let you know for sure. I know this isn't an issue on the Hera kits as the shroud has been designed in an oval shape to accommodate longer barrels and threaded compensators.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    Yeah, see post #209. I think there's a possibility that the barrel shroud on the Roni could interfere with firing (since the Glock action tilts the barrel upwards). Installing and racking it would let you know for sure. I know this isn't an issue on the Hera kits as the shroud has been designed in an oval shape to accommodate longer barrels and threaded compensators.

Looks like I may have got overly excited. If I can't put a longer barrel on my glock I may end up selling it right away. What a drag. The KPOS takes a longer barrel I automatically thought the Roni did. :-( Can anyone confirm yes or no for sure in regards to the G34 barrel in the G17?
    Last edited by cbabes; 04-09-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Looks like I may have got overly excited. If I can't put a longer barrel on my glock I may end up selling it right away. What a drag. The KPOS takes a longer barrel I automatically thought the Roni did. :-( Can anyone confirm yes or no for sure in regards to the G34 barrel in the G17?
    If I had a longer barrel for my G17 I could; anyone else?. As mentioned, the Hera Glock kit does work with longer barrels, compensators, fake suppressors, etc.

If I had a longer barrel for my G17 I could; anyone else?. As mentioned, the Hera Glock kit does work with longer barrels, compensators, fake suppressors, etc.
    I didn't want to spend that much on a "fun gun" for 3-gun matches. My Roni is expected to arrive at my door on Monday so I guess if it doesn't workout I will sell/trade it for a KPOS. Who knows, if I get good groups at 50m without the longer barrel I may keep it.

Just trying to help here. The CAA website video shows buddy using a real suppressor. It's flopping up and down and seems to be working fine.
    Looks like the shroud has been removed though. If you can stand the look of the G1 without the shroud it should work with a longer barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYNET View Post
    Just trying to help here. The CAA website video shows buddy using a real suppressor. It's flopping up and down and seems to be working fine.
    Looks like the shroud has been removed though. If you can stand the look of the G1 without the shroud it should work with a longer barrel.
    Would there be any heat issues though?

Would there be any heat issues though?
    That's a good point. I'm not sure if the shroud has inherent heat dissipation properties or if it is just for looks???

Quote Originally Posted by SKYNET View Post
    That's a good point. I'm not sure if the shroud has inherent heat dissipation properties or if it is just for looks???
    I just had another one: without the shroud, the blast and exhaust gasses won't have anything to vector them (completely) straight out the front. Even with a longer G34 barrel, it will still be somewhat recessed inside the Roni stock.