Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - EMA Tactical (ex-CAA) Glock Carbine Kit

Not to spend money for cbabes, But would a fake can not help get the heat out?

This is as far as I'm going to go here. I feel like I'm grasping at straws.

Nice chatting with you though blaxsun. Your insight is always helpful.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cbabes's Avatar
    Thanks for the ideas guys. Maybe I can "bubba" it and drill an oval hole like the Hera?

Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of the lambs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbabes View Post
    Thanks for the ideas guys. Maybe I can "bubba" it and drill an oval hole like the Hera?
    It's not so much a difference in the size of the barrel shrouds between the two, but rather - the positioning; on the Hera the Glock is positioned quite far forward and the shroud is fairly short - on the Roni the Glock is positioned closer to the center, and it has a much longer shroud. I also suspect that the barrel shrouds add some degree of structural integrity, too.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

So I had the RONI out to the range today.

Adjusted my irons at 25 yards and it was consistently shooting sub 2" groups on slow fire. Two mags and there is a ragged hole in the centre of my target... big

I got a couple of 5 inch groups at 50 m but my eyes aren't good enough... (My bi-focals don't allow me to focus on the front post) Dammit!!!

Observations at the range:

The kit makes a solid shooter and followup shots are much easier to keep on target.

25yards to 50 yards this addition make sense.Close up just a pistol is better.

The front folding vertical grip is too flimsy from my liking. gonna put a fixed stubby on there.

The buttstock magazine holder is gimmicky I don't see how it could make things faster. You have to actually depress a latch to release the mag. Had one spare mag hit the deck while shooting as I did not insert it correctly.

Build quality 8/10
    Ergonomics 8/10
    Fun factor 7/10
    Accuracy 9/10
    Usefullness/practicality 4/10

All in all a decent addition to my kit. It's hungry for ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDuc View Post
    So I had the RONI out to the range today.

Adjusted my irons at 25 yards and it was consistently shooting sub 2" groups on slow fire. Two mags and there is a ragged hole in the centre of my target... big

I got a couple of 5 inch groups at 50 m but my eyes aren't good enough... (My bi-focals don't allow me to focus on the front post) Dammit!!!

Observations at the range:

The kit makes a solid shooter and followup shots are much easier to keep on target.

25yards to 50 yards this addition make sense.Close up just a pistol is better.

The front folding vertical grip is too flimsy from my liking. gonna put a fixed stubby on there.

The buttstock magazine holder is gimmicky I don't see how it could make things faster. You have to actually depress a latch to release the mag. Had one spare mag hit the deck while shooting as I did not insert it correctly.

Build quality 8/10
    Ergonomics 8/10
    Fun factor 7/10
    Accuracy 9/10
    Usefullness/practicality 4/10

All in all a decent addition to my kit. It's hungry for ammo.

Thanks for the report. Looks like it might do what I need it to especially since all you used were iron sights. Really looking forward to the next 3-gun.

I read everything on the CAATactical site. A new video and many PDF files. There is one PDF file that looks like it's been translated only on page six. If you read page six it says you can put a sixteen inch barrel on it. Just add www.......

.caatactical.com/FileManager/Uploads/products/267/RONI_KALIBER%20ARTICLE_%20MARCH%202010.pdf

Why does every tactical firearm needs to shown arising from some pond? Sheesh you think every SF types spents 23hrs a day in scummy water.
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"It's only a rabbit" were his last words....

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Why does every tactical firearm needs to shown arising from some pond? Sheesh you think every SF types spents 23hrs a day in scummy water.

LOL....I thought that was funny as well. :D

Yeah because of my farsightedness I'm gonna have to run a red dot. But it is evident that the kit does make a significant difference in accuracy. And the bubba factor is there.

Received my Roni today. Some good, some bad on my review so far. I like the feel and quality enough but I had to remove my Heinie rear sight and put the original Glock rear sight back on. The Roni cocking mechanism that goes on the grooves of the slide couldn't be pushed all the way down because of my rear sight. Also, when I tried the Roni with my Glock 17 using a G34 barrel it closes up fine but won't go to slide lock due to the longer barrel. Haven't shot it yet. My Aimpoint clone should be here any day. So far I have a qd sling mount with a sling on it an my Streamlight TLR-2. As soon as my red dot gets here I will post some range picks.