Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - Lewis Maching and Tools - 308 rifle system

LMT is no 1. once here i'll get one. LMT MRP ar in 308 ??...hmmm, i want one.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    We were told the MSRP is about 2200 USD ( based on my memory), we will confirm it once we retrieve our notes from luggage.
    • US Price is $2,500.00 according to LMT's price list.
    • Right now we estimate Canadian price to be @ $3,000 to $3,200 but that's not final yet.
    • For those that seemed "unclear" this is an AR and therefore classified as "Restricted".

Mark

Now thats a gun in a decent calibre for a change.... I would like one too, but i doubt they will ever be available to us.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal" Albert Pine

BANNED
    Thats a serious gun. I bet the optic is more than the rifle.

Hmmm, a bit more realistic for me compared to the KAC one. Even closer to $4000 would still be worth it, I think.

Is it compatible with AR10 lowers?

That will be my third LMT gun once it gets here. :D

I want the better barrel, though.

De-restrict the AR!

For those complaining about DI system, it beat the HK 417 in the accuracy trials...
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

CGN Ultra frequent flyer shredder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    • US Price is $2,500.00 according to LMT's price list.
    • Right now we estimate Canadian price to be @ $3,000 to $3,200 but that's not final yet.

• For those that seemed "unclear" this is an AR and therefore classified as "Restricted".

Mark
    Yeah, I know, DAMMIT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ESQ View Post
    That will be my third LMT gun once it gets here. :D

I want the better barrel, though.

De-restrict the AR!

For those complaining about DI system, it beat the HK 417 in the accuracy trials...
    It would be great if the boneheads in Ottawa would realize that the AR platform is a GREAT modular hunting firearm!

However, I am curious as to why the price differential is as large as it is given the current value of the Canadian dollar. Is it that the market is that small up here that you can't get a reasonable discount off the retail price from the manufacturer?
    Justin Trudeau:

Liar, Thief, Hypocrite.

Does anyone know if the 16" barrelled rifle that won the UK trials equipped with a fixed stock or the SOPMOD?
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    ... However, I am curious as to why the price differential is as large as it is given the current value of the Canadian dollar. Is it that the market is that small up here that you can't get a reasonable discount off the retail price from the manufacturer?
    Not sure how you figure $500 (estimated) is an overly large price differential.

With a $2,500 MSRP in the US and the costs involved for currency, shipping (from LMT to our US office), export permit fees and processing costs, international transport costs, custom brokerage costs, handling costs, and the costs to us to backup the manufacturer's warranty on this side of the border... well $500 is actually quite reasonable (in my opinion).

Remember too that our Canadian price includes $9.99 shipping right across Canada (that obviously costs us a lot more than $9.99).

The reason we gave a "range" is obviously that we simply don't know what actual currency will be when the gun finally starts shipping to us. It would be quite easy to see a significant increase in our currancy cost and that could add a couple hundred dollars to the cost right there.

Sorry but you're dreaming if you expect Canadian prices to be the same as US pricing.... it's just not realistic.

If you want to buy it on the US side then US pricing is no problem (be happy to do that for you) but if you want to buy it and take delivery on the Canadian side then the price is higher to account for the additional costs and services being included in that price... it's as simple as that.

Mark

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by ESQ View Post
    Does anyone know if the 16" barrelled rifle that won the UK trials equipped with a fixed stock or the SOPMOD?
    Adjustable SOPMOD stock.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast