Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - Lewis Maching and Tools - 308 rifle system

Thanks.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dosing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USP View Post
    thats a good price, much cheaper than that overpriced KAC crap!!
    I hear if you say that three times at midnight on the night of a full moon, KevinB materializes and busts a cap in your azz
    I add nothing to these boards.... infact, I detract from thier quality!!!
    And don't you forget it!!!

FYI KAC makes a great deal of things for LMT -- look at the design of the lower
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer shredder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    Not sure how you figure $500 (estimated) is an overly large price differential.

With a $2,500 MSRP in the US and the costs involved for currency, shipping (from LMT to our US office), export permit fees and processing costs, international transport costs, custom brokerage costs, handling costs, and the costs to us to backup the manufacturer's warranty on this side of the border... well $500 is actually quite reasonable (in my opinion).

Remember too that our Canadian price includes $9.99 shipping right across Canada (that obviously costs us a lot more than $9.99).

The reason we gave a "range" is obviously that we simply don't know what actual currency will be when the gun finally starts shipping to us. It would be quite easy to see a significant increase in our currancy cost and that could add a couple hundred dollars to the cost right there.

Sorry but you're dreaming if you expect Canadian prices to be the same as US pricing.... it's just not realistic.

If you want to buy it on the US side then US pricing is no problem (be happy to do that for you) but if you want to buy it and take delivery on the Canadian side then the price is higher to account for the additional costs and services being included in that price... it's as simple as that.

Mark
    Thanks for the info Mark.

I understand that there are import costs (and all that other "good" stuff that comes with getting anything firearms related out of the USA) which will account for some of the price. It looks to me like you're doing the best you can to keep prices reasonable.

Do the US manufacturers sell to Canadian distributors at the MSRP? If that's the case, I certainly understand why the price differential is there (along with all the other costs you specified).
    Justin Trudeau:

Liar, Thief, Hypocrite.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    Do the US manufacturers sell to Canadian distributors at the MSRP? If that's the case, I certainly understand why the price differential is there (along with all the other costs you specified).
    Of course not... they sell at "dealer" pricing... but dealer margins in the US are small and not nearly enough to cover the higher costs that Canadian business operations face... let alone all of the export costs involved.

Very few people seem to understand just how much it costs to operate a firearms business in this country... it's way higher than our US operating costs... and sales volumes in Canada are pathetic in comparison to US volumes.

Mark

I do not understand why people are complaining about the prices all the time.

In there mind is that the $ is at PAR so I have to pay the gun store the same amount.

The exchange rate only account for 40-50% of the price of the gun, and as Mark said.

A good gun store in Canada will sell on average 5-10 guns a day, on the other hand a US store will sell 4-5 times that number, and there is your price.
    FREEDOM IS EVERYTHINK

BANNED
    It's a sexy looking beast.....Let the saving begin.

[IMG][/IMG]

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    The reason we gave a "range" is obviously that we simply don't know what actual currency will be when the gun finally starts shipping to us.
    Mark, for every US dollar in Canada, you will exchange it for $.85-$.86 CAD.

with a 22'' barrel please. this beast should be good for bullseye shooting at 800 meters.

Sweet Christmas! That is one sexy looking rifle, can't wait for it to arrive on our shores

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast