SHOT SHOW 2010 - Kel-Tech: PMR 30 and RFB

greentips

Administrator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
Not much news of the RFB - other than the fact that they had to find a new manufacturer of the spent casing dispensing tube and volume delivery to distributor won't be happening until June 2010. The 24" version will be emerging at the same time. Note the yellow LE only sign - the lady at Keltech was pretty pissed off that SHOT made them put that sign on for reasons unknown. The last time we handled the RFB was 2 years ago - we had reconfirmed the ergonomic and is still giving it a thumb up.

The PMR 30 is a 22 WMR pistol that can hold 30 rounds in the magazine. The entire pistol is pretty much plastic. The package will come with 2 mags - MSRP is about 460ish.

4294909440_58e7cc1abe_o.jpg

4294909464_6d98c9791a_o.jpg

4294166451_a10a9c7e96_o.jpg

If Kel-Tec makes a rifle that can use the PMR 30 magazines, could these 30-round rimfire rifle magazines be used in the PMR 30 itself, I wonder. It works the other way around for ARs..

hmmm look slike i showed up late. i like the design, and indeed it looks like the old P30's. they were prohibited by name, even though only a few thousand were made.

even if we had to neuter the mags, id love to see some imported.

Note the yellow LE only sign - the lady at Keltech was pretty pissed off that SHOT made them put that sign on for reasons unknown.

I hear it's hard to get export permits from anything Kel-Tec, as well.

Sniff test: Failed.

I put in my paperwork for the RFB and will continue to wait for one. It's pretty much the only Kel-Tec product that's ever interested me.

If Kel-Tec makes a rifle that can use the PMR 30 magazines, could these 30-round rimfire rifle magazines be used in the PMR 30 itself, I wonder. It works the other way around for ARs..
The pistol magazines would have to be pinned.
If some rifle only magazines came out, that just happened to fit the pmr30(by complete accident ;)) then we might get lucky.

Recall that the Grendel Pistol (Another .22WMR semi pistol with 30 rounds) is prohib by name.

Why is that? I'm not looking for logic in our gun laws (because there isn't any), but why is a semi-auto rimfire pistol prohib by name? Was it a converted auto, variant of something, etc.?

Mark

Back
Top Bottom