SHOT SHOW 2010 - Kel-Tech: PMR 30 and RFB

Last time I tried for Kel-tec I couldn't get export permits. I'll probably try again though when there is good supply.

If you can manage to get any of those RFB's into Canada consider one to be sold to me :D. You don't happen to have a possible pre-order wait list going on do you? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the photos GT! :) Sweet gear.

Why is that? I'm not looking for logic in our gun laws (because there isn't any), but why is a semi-auto rimfire pistol prohib by name? Was it a converted auto, variant of something, etc.?
Why were some other .22 cal pistols prohibited? Someone mentioned their dad having a Tec-22 or something siezed? Someone in their ivory tower got their panties in a bunch and didn't like the looks of it probably. Seems to be what happened with the whole lot of prohibitions. Trying to find reason for any of it is like trying to find honesty and hard work at one of Jack Leighton's cocktail parties.

If the PMR is reliable and accurate I cant see the issue. Just wait till the gun is on the market and we can see if its a decent product.

The bullpup is pretty solid, the reciever is enclosed as the casing feed out the front like the FS2000. I asked why they used FAL metric mags and they said, when they started, the mags were about $3.00 each, but now they wished they had started with M14 mags. Estimated price was around $1800.

Why is that? I'm not looking for logic in our gun laws (because there isn't any), but why is a semi-auto rimfire pistol prohib by name? Was it a converted auto, variant of something, etc.?

Mark

Some bureaucrat probably got scared of a handgun that could hold 30 rounds of any calibre. Look at the Calico pistols/rifles. The original pistol had a 50 round helical magazine that was a pain to load. Prohib by name.

No variant, no conversion, just singled out as prohibited.

GTs post is accurate. They won't start rolling into stores though, unfortunately, however, some will be coming for sure.

The bullpup is pretty solid, the reciever is enclosed as the casing feed out the front like the FS2000. I asked why they used FAL metric mags and they said, when they started, the mags were about $3.00 each, but now they wished they had started with M14 mags. Estimated price was around $1800.

Talked to their sales/marketing guys down at the SHOT. Looks like the extended barrel length version (sniper) may get the axe. They commented about no true performance gains over the 24"/26" barrel length and how the pricing of such would be too high for the market place (MSRP $500-700 cost up on the carbine)

As I was informed by several manufactures that if you get a US State dept DSP83 form Most any rifle can be exported out of the US providing it does not have a Folding , Collapsable Stock or a Muzzle brake and is not restricted for export by the US State Dept

As I was informed by several manufactures that if you get a US State dept DSP83 form Most any rifle can be exported out of the US providing it does not have a Folding , Collapsable Stock or a Muzzle brake and is not restricted for export by the US State Dept

You forgot the evil bayo lug. :D

GTs post is accurate. They won't start rolling into stores though, unfortunately, however, some will be coming for sure.

Do you happen to have a preorder wait list going? If so, I'd love to get on it :D...I'm patient (hello Type 97?)...gonna need the big brother RFB...

Talked to their sales/marketing guys down at the SHOT. Looks like the extended barrel length version (sniper) may get the axe. They commented about no true performance gains over the 24"/26" barrel length and how the pricing of such would be too high for the market place (MSRP $500-700 cost up on the carbine)

They did mention that they were planning on selling the bullpup into Canada.

Back
Top Bottom