Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - Mepro MOR

SHOT SHOW 2010 - Mepro MOR

We run into Mepro at the SHOT - they have a full display of their optics so we decided to check out the newest and the greatest - their MOR.

The MOR is an answer to the problem of the M21 - the addition of a LED light allows the user to manually illuminate the reticle in those light situations where fibre optics power is rendered useless. It also includes a laser pointer, that is supposed to be slaved to the reflex sight. The concept is similar to the insight ISM.

The 2 samples we observed at the SHOT - they simply suck. The lense is still tinted like the old M21. The recticle flares out in a minor starburst. When the laser pointer was on, the laser pointed to the left side of the recticle (note, because the laser diodes are located on the side of the reflex sight) . With a predicted street price of 1000 dollars - we will say "no".

Last edited by greentips; 01-22-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The 2 samples we observed at the SHOT - they simply suck.

So this isn't on the must buy list? :D

You don't zero your laser to your point of aim, you zero it parallel to your point of aim. This allows the laser to still be useful inside and outside your zero range.

TDC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Fenix.NZ's Avatar
    Hamiltron - City of the Future , New Zealand
    could they make it bigger ? i think i need a model thats at least twice the size of that, for me to feel adequate

that was sarcasm btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon
    Now let's talk about that hand bag. Will it match those cute shoes that I wear when I go out for appletinis with the boys?

Reflex sites are complete ####! Anybody want to buy my Trijicon one?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    MOR = less? Did you find any new optics that really stood out in your mind at the Shot Show?

TDC has it completely right, there is no way to have the site reticle and the laser centered at the exact same spot at all ranges. Like he said they would/ should be parallel to each other, probably only a couple of centimeters, and it would probably not be noticeable at further ranges people generally shoot at. When you move back far enough, the laser light will increase in size and eventually it will overlap with the reticle. (think of a flashlight beam, at one meter from a wall it's output is smaller then it would be at increased ranges. Lasers do the same thing, it just takes far more distance)

We reviewed the design of the Mepro again - apparently the diode emitter is located on the side of the axis of the reflex sight. This explains for the horizontal divergence at short distance. At first we assume the diode is located on the same axis with the reflex sight In that case, the laser should be on the same vertical plane as the reticle.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account