SHOT SHOW 2010 - CZ pistols

I'm sorta new to the pistol arena and I'm curious if a mid-compact like the P-07 is a suitable sidearm to compete in IPSC? Or should I be looking at full sized frames only?

Thanks for the info,
bcode

Last edited:
I almost bought a polished CZ 75 and was at the store handling it when I realized I couldnt stop wiping it on my shirt to try and get rid of the finger prints. I am a little OCD and would prolly drive myself insane if I owned that gun. Needless to say I bought the the flat black instead. I have since sold it but cant help but love these guns. I see a shadow in my future for sure.

I have a polished stainless 75B :D Love that finish!

also I had a chance to handle the P-07 at a gun store on the weekend. It seemed alright but didn't feel as good in the hand as a classic 75 and plastic seemed kinda cheap (smoothest I've ever seen on a gun). Plastic sights were kinda a turn off for me as well. I'd still go M&P over this CZ. But it's nice to have another choice in DA/SA polymer gun

CZ Open Gun

I hear cz is building an open race pistol for public sales based on a cz75.Any truth to this or word from cz at the shot show?

CZ Czeckmate... built, I believe, around the Tactical Sport platform. I have only seen pictures. If It shows up in Canada I would be curious to see the price.

Check out the picture in the slide show in the upper left corner of the page:

http://2010.extremeeuroopen.eu/

Sometimes a picture of it shows up on the bottom of the page as well.

John

Last edited:
Here is the image mentioned -

sp_01_czub.jpg

CZ Czeckmate... built, I believe, around the Tactical Sport platform. I have only seen pictures. If It shows up in Canada I would be curious to see the price.

Check out the picture in the slide show in the upper left corner of the page:

http://2010.extremeeuroopen.eu/

Sometimes a picture of it shows up on the bottom of the page as well.

John

Thanks for the info John and bcode,as a long time cz shooter i was really frustrated over the past year trying to get info on this from cz Europe and U.S.,as for Canada it was pointless.I must say it looks sweet!!

Thanks for the info John and bcode,as a long time cz shooter i was really frustrated over the past year trying to get info on this from cz Europe and U.S.,as for Canada it was pointless.I must say it looks sweet!!

Yes CZ is not to free with the info :cool:

I haven't had any luck getting any details on this gun at all. I agree it looks good.

I am very curious to see what price it comes in at. I shoot a Shadow and an SP-01 now and I like them very much. I am interested in moving into Open and this COULD be the gun to do it with.

John

Last edited:
Yes CZ is not to free with the info :cool:

I haven't had any luck getting any details on this gun at all. I agree it looks good.

I am very curious to see what price it comes in at. I shoot a Shadow and an SP-01 now and I like them very much. I am interesteed in moving into Open and this COULD be the gun to do it with.

John

I was in the same boat,shooting a cz75 it's now a 22 with my cz lower as the entire top end is toast!However i cant wait for cz to get it out,and with no info on the checkmate ect i hate to say it but i have a STI Steelmaster that arrived friday from Gunnar along with my converted 9mm75 to 22.If i was going to guess the price in the checkmate i would say $2800-$3500 keeping on par with STI open pistols,but that's a guess.

I like that stainless CZ-75. But it needs proper walnut grips like these.

CZgrips.jpg

These are available from grips4u.net.

Squinty

Why not just buy this one from Freedom Ventures? Gun seems to work for Eric Graufel, IPSC World Champion. $3,647. + tax. Buy before July 1 and avoid the harmonized sales tax.

Gold20Custom20Eric2007.jpg

OR order a CZ TS and have Joe Dlask build you an Open Gun. all it takes is beacoup dinars.

Take Care

Bob

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom