Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - Granite Tactical Personal Shelter

CGN Regular
    arpinski is correct, I think you have to turn in the stuff that has been done in the permenant wash for destruction once your tour is completed as well.

Well its nice to see Canadian bureaucracy alive and well and going around in circles.
    Foot sex

Permethrin is a nerotoxin I believe. Great tents! Not like id want to sleep in one covered in permethrin. I used to use it in the form of horse spray to keep the flys from my sled dogs(sprayed along the back where they can't lick.) They can smell it before I even get near them and they run to hide in their houses!
    ]B[ * ]J[

Showing your teeth when you smile can be dangerous.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    That style of shelter has been around for quite a while, try googling 'Bivvy Bag'. I had one years ago that was fully waterproof, you could literally drop it in a stream and sleep dry (which is handy when you're hiking in BC, 'cause you never know when a stream will appear under you)
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

These pop tents are an amazing product. I was able to get a couple of them from the yanks when I was in Afghanistan. I turned one into a ruggedized field version for the Canadian climate. I took 4" gun tape and covered the whole floor with it, sealed all the seams, sprayed the outside with silicone, and painted it camo (green, brown, black) more suitable for the Canadian bush. It is a fantastic 1-man tent, which you can cover with a small tarp or ground sheet if conditions are wet. The thing weighs under 2 lbs, and takes literally 2 seconds to pop up or fold away. GENIUS! Every soldier should get issued one (no permetherin required) in CADPAT for use in Canada.

Cheers
    John
    Always outnumbered, never outgunned

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Polar Man's Avatar
    NS (if you use the EE, add your province here at the very least!)
    I want one of those shelters!
    The only free society is an armed society.

Permetherin dipped gear doesn't get destroyed after deployment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Polar Man's Avatar
    NS (if you use the EE, add your province here at the very least!)
    We are allowed to have bleach in Canada but you shouldn't drink it or put it on your skin. Is there a difference?
    The only free society is an armed society.

There is actually... Inhaling Bleach (incidental inhalation, not huffing) doesn't present a carcinogenic risk - the incidental inhalation of Permethrin, on the other hand, has genotoxic effects in even small doses.
    "The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."
    ––Abraham Lincoln

any idea how large the tent is? If it can fit a human up to 7 feet tall I'd really like one.
    Hard Times, Hard Measures.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast